Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, as others have said, going 2600k isn't really required and a 2500k would basicly do the same in games. The other recommendation which is rather important is the fact you seem to want to go for a regular GTX 560. With the kind of budget you have, I would make sure its a ti version and preferably a 448 cores version, both of them mean an appreciable gain over the other (560ti 448 > 560ti > 560). But a detail that wasn't asked is what resolution do you game at, because that can change many things.

Also, don't forget to factor in the cost of Win7 and a PSU.
Old February 23, 2012, 11:11 AM
Lyserberg

@Eldonko i couldn't expect anything less from a reviewer,this guy wants only a GTX560 448 cores and u suggest a X79 platform? This is ridiculus for gaming,EDIT: and when i say ridiculus i mean more than enough,which is a good thing
as all the others said a 2500k will do incredibly well in any given game whether it's multithreaded like Far Cry 2,Battlefield 3 or less threaded games like COD,it will handle them perfectly
Well no HDD,i'd say you keep the rest to get a nice speedy SSD,something like the Crucial M4,or OCZ Octane maybe very reliable to go for in the long term,Intel SSDs maybe the perfect choice but they tend to be a little bit on the expensive side of things :/
Anyways it's all up to you,but i would invest the rest of the money in a nice SSD,and some cool decoration inside your case ;)

Last edited by Lyserberg; February 23, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old February 23, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Maybe you should become a reviewer sine you seem to know everything and they rest of us nothing.

What I recommended is within budget and is a better system. If you want to dispute that go ahead; the OP can make the call on what works for him and buy what he wants.

Last edited by Eldonko; February 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old February 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyserberg View Post
@Eldonko i couldn't expect anything less from a reviewer,this guy wants only a GTX560 448 cores and u suggest a X79 platform? This is ridiculus for gaming
as all the others said a 2500k will do incredibly well in any given game whether it's multithreaded like Far Cry 2,Battlefield 3 or less threaded games like COD,it will handle them perfectly
Well no HDD,i'd say you keep the rest to get a nice speedy SSD,something like the Crucial M4,or OCZ Octane maybe very reliable to go for in the long term,Intel SSDs maybe the perfect choice but they tend to be a little bit on the expensive side of things :/
Anyways it's all up to you,but i would invest the rest of the money in a nice SSD,and some cool decoration inside your case ;)
Lyserberg,

Please be more considerate when you are responding. We have allowed a lot from you but there is a limit and this is it.
Eldonko is an expert at what he does and what he knows, and he was given an open ended question. So he gave his best Opinion based on the hardware he uses(or has used) which I can imagine is a lot more extensive than what you have at your disposal.

We all have our right to opinions, so long as they are expressed without malice. Consider that for the future.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
Lyserberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Lyserberg,

Please be more considerate when you are responding. We have allowed a lot from you but there is a limit and this is it.
Eldonko is an expert at what he does and what he knows, and he was given an open ended question. So he gave his best Opinion based on the hardware he uses(or has used) which I can imagine is a lot more extensive than what you have at your disposal.

We all have our right to opinions, so long as they are expressed without malice. Consider that for the future.

-ST
My excuses for Eldonko,but he didn't know what kind of day i'm having this day,you know what happen to you when you comeback home from a FIGHT! with your friend! that's what happened unfortunatly :(
Heat of the matter:
Sorry my SoulTribunal,i was a little bit nervous when i sent that message,i promise you to be more polite in my next posts
For Eldonko i admit he did some pretty good choices there,but i do find the Z68 platform more suitable,within the budget,and when Ivy Bridge comes out,it's going pretty much to kick ass both Sandy Bridge,and Sandy Bridge E (X79) which will take some time to see any new architecture on it!
I never said you were wrong,when i said anything less,i meant that u suggested a good thing,
my english is a bit bad for the moment,i'm hoping to get improved the next couple months,i always take the best marks in English in my class!

Last edited by Lyserberg; February 23, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old March 5, 2012, 08:04 PM
Rookie

I want to see Linus response about this thread but I guess they moved the post somewhere else too bad