Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2012, 06:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ Perhaps the OP is also considering "heat".....Great Big Abyss, you're in Winterpeg, pretty much one of coldest places in the Northern Hemisphere right now;) I'm sure you can get the ambient temp in your room to -20c if you open a window ;)

OP.....your on air, curious if you've got your PC in a room with AC? We were in southern Mexico 3 times last year and I would think that 32C and 90% humidity would be a "killer" !
AC please...?!

Yes indeed, the weather here in Nicaragua can get very hot and no I don't have AC in my room, so room temp is definitely a concern. Temps in the mid to high 40Cs are common during the dry season.
Old February 8, 2012, 07:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankukai View Post
Yes indeed, the weather here in Nicaragua can get very hot and no I don't have AC in my room, so room temp is definitely a concern. Temps in the mid to high 40Cs are common during the dry season.
damn....thats really hot.better put more fan in your rig.
Old February 10, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Hovering between -5 and +2 for most of January. Grass is showing in most spots, for crying out loud.
HA....grass is growing? just watched the Weather Channel....said it was -30c in Winterpeg today...highly doubt anything is growing let alone grass ;) I grew up there as a kid and I remember not being able to take my bicycle out till April!!

OP....most of my friends in southern Mexico and a few in northern Australia (hot n sticky climates) have either AC or Watercooled Rigs, would be nice if you could get that Rig under water, although AC pulling your ambient room Temp down to 23c would be better! Even a portable AC unit blowing directly on your Rig!

Most folks here in Canuckland simply cant fathom the heat n humidity your going through, particularly in the summer months down there (+40c with 95% Humidity)......when we were in southern Mexico over Christmas it was 32C during the day and cooled off to 25c at night....!