Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 04:56 PM
Rookie

Yeah I'm mixing up my orders to a few different sites. Mostly NCIX.
I'll definitely try that windows 8 trial, Can you run programs and everything on it? Must be lots of limitations or bugs on it since its so new and free?
I do still want to give Linux a try out too. I heard it's better than windows in ways but it doesn't run games, which isn't really a problem for now because I haven't got the time to play until classes are over.

Last edited by GUBZ; February 6, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old February 6, 2012, 08:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUBZ View Post
Yeah I'm mixing up my orders to a few different sites. Mostly NCIX.
I'll definitely try that windows 8 trial, Can you run programs and everything on it? Must be lots of limitations or bugs on it since its so new and free?
I do still want to give Linux a try out too. I heard it's better than windows in ways but it doesn't run games, which isn't really a problem for now because I haven't got the time to play until classes are over.
hmmm...either way its always have pros and con..just try it out and choose which better for you.
Old February 6, 2012, 09:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes you can run programs on windows 8 I have most programs running on it (haven't tried any games yet) the only program with a problem I have run into so far is LogMeIn for remote access to the computer. As for linux having no games it's a myth. Linux can run games but you have a very limited selection of games. It's like trying to find games for a mac.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.