Rookie

Why you choose that one?
Old February 5, 2012, 09:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo678123 View Post
I would go for an i7 2600k, 8GB+ RAM, A GFX card with 2gb+ (6970, 6990, GTX580, GTX590, 7970, 7950)
You are referring him to graphics cards that only support 2 monitors... that's why people were pointing him towards the galaxy multi display cards. The cards you pointed out should be recommended to a mid/high end gamer that is using either 1 monitor, or 2.
Old February 5, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
You are referring him to graphics cards that only support 2 monitors... that's why people were pointing him towards the galaxy multi display cards. The cards you pointed out should be recommended to a mid/high end gamer that is using either 1 monitor, or 2.

Hmmm I have 6 outputs on my 6970's and you dont get much higher end than a 7970 right now so I am kinda stumped on that comment.

High end GFX and monitors I would go 3xu2711's and either a single 7970 ( your not going to game just office so 1 should be fine for that pixel density)
A 2600/2700 cpu should be more than enough as would 8gb (16gb if you feel the need )of ddr-1600, no need for a multi/cpu solution here it is just going to be office apps , now if you were doing any video editing then yes I could see a multi setup.
A platinum 850-1000w psu Seasonic, XFX, corsair

Since it is a office build I would look for a case that matches either the decor or with the smallest cleanest footprint..
Drop a 256gb SSD for OS and a 4x raid1-0 setup using the largest hdd's you feel comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Rookie

Thanks for your help. What do you recommend for a case?
Old February 5, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephamk View Post
Thanks for your help. What do you recommend for a case?
Depends on your tastes, are you someone that wants flash or simple lines?
Do you care what size the case is?
If flashy what colors?
Lights? Windows?
Myself I like no bling, bling/ no windows/ no lights, just simple forms in black. Brushed ALU is about my favorite.
But then again some ppl dont go for that and want the opposite.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old February 5, 2012, 06:07 PM
Rookie

Thanks
Old February 5, 2012, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephamk View Post
Thanks
Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

Lillys make damn fine cases.

Quote:
Old February 6, 2012, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Silent case would be good.. though this is again personal preference..
The one I listed in the 2 spec's is simple lines, good quality and insulated for sound.
Not my favourite looking case but quite professional looking.
Old February 6, 2012, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post

Hmmm I have 6 outputs on my 6970's and you dont get much higher end than a 7970 right now so I am kinda stumped on that comment.

High end GFX and monitors I would go 3xu2711's and either a single 7970 ( your not going to game just office so 1 should be fine for that pixel density)
A 2600/2700 cpu should be more than enough as would 8gb (16gb if you feel the need )of ddr-1600, no need for a multi/cpu solution here it is just going to be office apps , now if you were doing any video editing then yes I could see a multi setup.
A platinum 850-1000w psu Seasonic, XFX, corsair

Since it is a office build I would look for a case that matches either the decor or with the smallest cleanest footprint..
Drop a 256gb SSD for OS and a 4x raid1-0 setup using the largest hdd's you feel comfortable with.
I believe he was talking about the nvidia's.. the ones you listed (580 etc) won't support 3 monitors with 1 card.

Ps, i did say the builds I listed were OTT for his needs but still came in well under budget (assuming he has the monitors)

on the monitors, the dell u27's are great.. also worth considering (if you want to go for a monitor with a higher resolution than HD, would be good to try before you buy) is the Samsung SyncMaster 27A850D

Try these resolutions and size combo's before you buy as they are not cheap but are VERY good.

Last edited by Dzzope; February 6, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old February 6, 2012, 08:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Don't forget the the special cable needed for the third monitor. Mini DP to (DVI or HDMI or even VGA whatever one you need for your set up) And yes it has to be active 20-30 Dollars US or so

Check your video cards out puts first and remember the HDMI and one of the DVI outputs share the same port so you can not use both at the same time its a one or the other. (this is for the ATI cards)