Help Review My Build and Suggest a Hard Drive
Please let me know ASAP, I need to order before I leave on a trip to FL. =)
What I've bought:
Antec Earth Watts 750 ($80 + -$12 AR) (It's green though... yuck)
560 TI SC ($230 + -$20 AR)
NZXT LEXA S LEXS Case ($63)
Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (ASrock Extreme3 Gen3)
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (GSKILL 8gb)
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 (Hyper 212)
Newegg.com - LG 22X Super-Multi DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH22NS90B - CD / DVD Burners (LG DVDRW)
and... a hard drive(s)
I have $90 to Best Buy and I'm having trouble deciding what to get. It's between buying ram and a DVDRW at Best Buy (overpriced) and getting Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (mixed reviews on this product), just buying SanDisk - Ultra SDSSDH-120G-G25 120 GB Internal Solid State Drive - SDSSDH-120G-G25, or finally getting Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), and then getting Seagate - Barracuda 1TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive - ST310005N1A1AS-RK (I can get for $100 with discount, $10 after gift cards) or Western Digital - 320GB Internal Hard Drive for Desktops - WDBAAX3200ENC-NRSN ($80/free)
1. Good Build? Does everything work together? IOW, anything wrong?
2. Will a 3Gbps HDD slow down a Sata3 SDD?
3. Which hard drive(s) should I get?
1. Everythign looks good, maybe take a look at the Asus P8Z68-V motherboards. I love mine
2. You wont notice anything.
3. I'd grab the 60gb SSD and the 1tb Barracuda,
Unless i missed it i don't see a CPU on that list.
Awesome thanks... as for the mobo, the asus doesnt have PCIe 3.0 though and I'd like it to be upgradable in the future.
More suggestions and opinions would be are totally welcome too!!!
1. Agreed with Birk - no issues. I don't see PCIE 3.0 being very useful for at least one year's worth of GPUs for now, so I wouldn't factor it in that much. If there's other reasons for getting that ASRock (price seems great for it), go ahead though.
2. I don't quite get the question but if you mean it literally (e.g. SATA 6Gbps SSD caching for a SATA 3Gbps HDD) then the answer is no, there won't be a difference.
3. Get the Seagate as it looks like the newer / not cheaped out drive (32MB cache). The 320GB WD has a 16MB cache which may mean it's an older generation Caviar Blue. (The cache doesn't actually make a difference, but you'll notice an older gen hard drive when your system ever has to use it.)
i forgot to specify the P8Z68-V Pro/Gene3 is the one I've got, it's sli ready:)
PCI-E 3.0 will onlybe necessary for 2 very high end cards. Nothing available will come close to saturating 2 never-mind 3 (see the 7970 review with notes on the performance with 3)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.|