Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2012, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
Is this guy for real? I read most of the posts not all.

#1 What's his budget?
#2 get off the 2011 cpu you don't need it nor will you ever use it.
#3 he can't possibly be running dual channel with 3 ram moduals it doesn't work like that if i remember correctly.
#4 get the 560ti and use the 250 for physX

#5 run CPUZ program and post this picture:
thank u
for graphic card sure gtx 560 ti .
but i want to buy newest and futureproof platform ... x79 is newest . thought there is 3 cpus for 2011 socket until now (3960x,3930k,3820) and very expensive .
but newer and cheaper for gaming is upcoming in Q1 2012.... ( i can wait for cheaper cpu until launching)
here is what you wanted.

my cpu is intel quad core q8300 2.5 ghz stock ( overclocked to 2.85 ghz)
i have 3*2GB memore 1333 mhz from geil (added screenshot from speccy )
------------------------------------------
s2.picofile.com/file/7232935050/cpu_z_cpu_Capture.png
http://s1.picofile.com/file/72329360...oryCapture.png
http://s2.picofile.com/file/72329472...cy_Capture.png
--------------------------------------------
Attached Images

Old January 2, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm gonna have to do some more reading on this setup and I can't do that till later. Honey Do list n stuff...

Seems to me you don't take advantage of dual channel bandwidth with the extra ram modual installed. More ram is always better in most senarios however the bandwidth advantage with dual channel unganged is lost. Easiest way to return to a pure dual channel is to purchase another modual and run with 8 gigs of all the same stuff. All the specs must match. <-- that's not entirely correct however you should always try and match memory.

Someone else needs to chime in on this though because I'm not a 100%

This may or may not apply to your setup I don't have time to read it all right now.

Desktop Boards &mdash; Single, dual, triple, and flex memory modes
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; January 2, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old January 2, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't understand why the apps are showing you as running dual channel symmetric. Everything that i'm reading says you can't run dual channel with 3 ram moduals. Which mobo are you using again? It's a bit of a strange overclock too. Wondering why you'd use so much FSB instead of just turning up the multi for a 300mhz OC.

**edit** It will show as running dual channel but you aren't getting dual channel speed. Essentially you are NOT running dual as I suspected.

From another forum:
Asynchronous Dual Channel

Channel 0
DIMM 0: 4GB
DIMM 1: 4GB

Channel 1
DIMM 2: 4GB

4GB= Dual channel operation, 4GB=Single channel operation

The problem is how it works in reality. Bandwidth measurements will put it smack dab between 2-channel and 1-channel setup. It's like a 1.5-channel. But the process of allowing asynchronous operation will lower the performance further. It's probably closer to 1-channel than 2-channel in applications not particularly sensitive to memory bandwidth.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 2, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmaden View Post
but i want to buy newest and futureproof platform ... x79 is newest . thought there is 3 cpus for 2011 socket until now (3960x,3930k,3820) and very expensive .
By the time more CPUs for Socket 2011 are released, there are sure to be more GPUs available on the market - at least the slightly lower end versions of the Radeon 7000s should be out by then.

@OP + clshades
In any case Socket 755's bottleneck is the FSB and if I remember those old benchmarks correctly, file compression was about the only thing had a noticeable difference between single and dual channel (other than benchmarks). Definitely there is no issue for gaming with single channel, especially with DDR1333 RAM. The CPU will likely be pegged first, especially because of its cache.
Back when they were benchmarking DDR2, reviewers always used AMD platforms because AMD's integrated memory controllers got hit harder than Intel's northbridge-based controller.
Old January 3, 2012, 05:59 AM
Banned

my motherboard as is said in first page is gigabyte ep45t-udlr
i have 3 ram installed on my board . i dont know much about dual and flex channel ! pls describe it
what i know is i have three modules of ram installed in my board and all rams have this specs : ddr3-1333mhz pc3-10666 from geil .
why you guys saying i'm not runnig dual channel mode ?
DDR3-1 , DDR3-2 , DDR3-3 SLOTS POPULATED (EACH SLOT POPULATED WIHH 2 GB MODULE ) ,
DDR3-4 SLOT IS free ....
Old January 3, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You would need all 4 slots populated for true dual channel but I guess it doesn't matter. At any rate. I'm not entirely sure what (if anything) you are trying to accomplish with this thread.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 6, 2012, 02:09 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmaden View Post
thank u
but newer and cheaper for gaming is upcoming in Q1 2012.... ( i can wait for cheaper cpu until launching)
here is what you wanted.

snip
Do you really want to spend an extra $500+ and get less than 5% fps more?

You will like it a lot more if you got a 24" monitor, 2500k, 560ti 448 core, and a good SSD.
You would be blown away the difference a decent monitor, and an SSD can make..

Either way, upgrade that monitor!

I highly suggest you don't go X79, and spend the money on more GPU power.
You CAN NOT future proof. By the time the 2600k, or 2500k is too slow for games at high, there will be a new socket already.

Look at the people who bought i7 920's thinking "hey ill upgrade to the six cores in three years" well they just went ahead and bought 2500ks.
Old January 7, 2012, 10:40 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
Do you really want to spend an extra $500+ and get less than 5% fps more?

You will like it a lot more if you got a 24" monitor, 2500k, 560ti 448 core, and a good SSD.
You would be blown away the difference a decent monitor, and an SSD can make..

Either way, upgrade that monitor!

I highly suggest you don't go X79, and spend the money on more GPU power.
You CAN NOT future proof. By the time the 2600k, or 2500k is too slow for games at high, there will be a new socket already.

Look at the people who bought i7 920's thinking "hey ill upgrade to the six cores in three years" well they just went ahead and bought 2500ks.

Some of us played Skyrim on e6600 and 8800GT @ 1080p