I'm starting a new server build and need some advice. Here's the list of parts:
- Asus KGPE-D16 (Found. Thanks Alpine!)
- 2 Opteron 6128 (Found. Thanks Alpine!)
- 2 Noctua NH-U9D0 A3 (Found. Thanks Alpine!)
- 32 GB RAM (not found yet, suggestions?)
- Dell PERC 5i (Found)
- OCZ Vertex 2 60GB Boot drive (Found)
- 4x 1TB Seagate 7200 RPM (Found)
- Chassis (not found, suggestions?)
- Antec TruePower Quattro 850 (Found)
Two things I need input on (plus the RAM):
1) Server chassis: Need a silent pedestal chassis that can accomodate up to 9 drives. Hotswap capabilities would be ideal. I was looking at the following with its hotswap cages: Newegg.ca - CHENBRO SR10769-CO 1.0mm SECC Pedestal High-End Server/Workstation Chassis 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays
2) Is the Antec TruePower Quattro 850 OK if I use an EPS adapter (It has only one) or should I get a new PSU?
Main uses will be for virtualization and folding.
I don't know how adequate the quattro is, I have one in my rig right now and I need to change it (again) under warranty. I only want to point out that they are discontinued right now. The replacement Antec will give me is a High Current Pro.
That's the model I'm looking at if the Quattro isn't up for it.
I know that SSI EEB boards and EATX are same size but can I put an SSI EEB board in an EATX case while it is held firmly (do screw holes line up good?). Also, I need that case to be as silent as possible.
If I remember well, 2 stand-offs don't line up.
I think I'll be going with a Xigmatek Elysium. It's big, lots of cooling oand lot of room for hard drives.
Quick update: I finally ordered a Xigmatek Elysium and 8x4 GB Corsair Ram. I'll post some pics soon to share with y'all.
Got the Elysium, RAM and an Intel 80 GB SSD today. Damn the Elysium is big. Weird thing is that the manual states that it's SSI CEB/EEB compatible but this is not mentioned on their web site.
One question I have regarding the Quattro 850W: Since it has only one EPS connector and the KGPE-D16 requires two, I got an EPS splitter but that got me thinking about how the 12V rails are setup on the Quattro.
After a bit of searching, I found that the EPS runs off a single rail which can support a max load of 25A. Will it be OK running like that or should I get a different EPS adapter?
Thanks for the help
Have fun with the new build Doup93..
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM.|