Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2011, 12:53 AM
Rookie

Default Razer Carcharias or Corsair Vengeance 1500?

I can't seem to be able to decide on These two headsets for my new PC.
Both look great, have great sound quality, have great mics. However, the Vengeance 1500 (from what I've seen/read) seems to have low bass and even when maximised in the EQ, it is till not there. The carcharias seems to have great deep bass but if I go with the Carcharias, I am loosing 7.1 surround sound. Is this worth it? I will be playing mostly and primarily Battlefield 3. I love deep bass for explosions and what not. I am not urging to get a 7.1 surround sound, I am not too fussed on it but it would be nice, especially in an FPS like Battlefield 3 with guns going off all around you.

Anyway, I can't decide between the two; both are the same price and there are other pros and cons of each which I could ramble on forever about. Which one should I buy?!
Please DO NOT suggest other headsets. I'm only interested in these.
Thanks in advance, Nick.
Old December 20, 2011, 10:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Go for 7.1 :)

Tags
1500 , carcharias , headset , razer , vengeance