Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 06:48 AM
great_big_abyss's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,190

My System Specs

Default

Building a computer for the first time is a process that REQUIRES you to read the instructions BEFORE you do anything. It's not like replacing a starter on a car where you can screw up and it will still be okay. Computer parts are very delicate and very expensive.

Most motherboards come with very detailed step-by-step instructions, c/w pictures. Use them.

On a side note, I wish you luck trying to RMA your board. Manufacturers and Dealers don't typically replace parts that have been broken by bad installation.
__________________



HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Building a computer for the first time is a process that REQUIRES you to read the instructions BEFORE you do anything. It's not like replacing a starter on a car where you can screw up and it will still be okay. Computer parts are very delicate and very expensive.

Most motherboards come with very detailed step-by-step instructions, c/w pictures. Use them.

On a side note, I wish you luck trying to RMA your board. Manufacturers and Dealers don't typically replace parts that have been broken by bad installation.
I'll tell them UPS might have damaged it when they delivered it. When I took out my case it was chipped where one of the PSU screws go in...
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 02:12 PM
great_big_abyss's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,190

My System Specs

Default

Like I said, I sincerely wish you luck. If they do RMA it and you get a new board, please oh please follow the instructions. Computer building is really not hard at all if you just go step by step as per the motherboard instruction manual. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at your case instruction manual, too.
__________________



HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Like I said, I sincerely wish you luck. If they do RMA it and you get a new board, please oh please follow the instructions. Computer building is really not hard at all if you just go step by step as per the motherboard instruction manual. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at your case instruction manual, too.
Apevia and my gigabyte board were pretty confusing. But I still haven't run this thing on a monitor yet! I think it's because no OS is installed and that could be the reason. I'm getting an hdmi soon and I'll see how it goes.


I'm sorry if I seem jumpy, i'm 15 and I am a first time builder. I am one of those people who like to do stuff then read manuals.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 04:55 PM
great_big_abyss's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,190

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelRocks View Post
I am one of those people who like to do stuff then read manuals.
Everyone has to learn the hard way, I suppose.
__________________



HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2011, 06:11 PM
KaptCrunch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,851
Default

took the long road ,,,,,,,,short is READ manual
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes