Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2011, 06:23 PM
Rookie

Default Help Me Manage My Cables

Well I built my system more than a few months ago and have decided enough is enough with these messy cables. Being relatively new to the desktop world I would appreciate any advice or critique on how to clean the inside of my case up.

My plans so far,

Buy at least a sleeved 24 pin cable for the motherboard, push pull on the Corsair and try to hide some of the power supply cables in the back tray. What else do you guys think?
Old December 11, 2011, 07:04 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Patriote has made an excellent guide to sleeving fan cables Guide : Sleeving a 3-pin fan! (56k Warning)
you could sleeve the SATA cables, but it's easier just to switch them out.
Old December 11, 2011, 09:19 PM
Rookie

Does your case have a window? I wouldn't even bother with cleaning that up. It looks presentable as it is. Although, I would try and clean up the cables behind the table. Mine is very messy ...
Old December 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

for the blue sata cables guide them throught he rubber holes, and if you rotate the radiator of the h60 so the hoses come from the top of the rad I think it will look cleaner
Old December 12, 2011, 07:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A lot of cases allow you to rotate the hard drive trays. If you can do it on this case do it so that the SATA cables come in from behind the motherboard tray.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old December 12, 2011, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would adjust a few things in that case if the wires are long enough.
  • Move the audio cables down through the lowest holes and try it get it to go down behind the PSU if there is space. Come straight up behind the psu to the header on the motherboard. (if possible)
  • move the usb header down the same way
  • Pull the sata cables through the holes and leave the excess behind the motherboard tray
  • flip the rad 180 degrees
  • Move the Harddrive up a couple slots so you can hide more of the SATA cable
  • Move the CDrom drive down to the bottom so you have nearly zero power wire and sata wire showing.
  • Pull as much of the excess wiring from the PSU in behind the motherboard tray bend it if you have to.
  • Buy 2 different sizes of black zip ties to help hold stuff down behind the other side panel.
  • Use comon sense zip tying wires together you don't wanna have to cut them everytime you change out a fan or hard drive. Similar things together different things apart. Your discretion of course.
Here is a resource for sleeved cabling:
DARKSIDE BRADED CABLES : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 12, 2011, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys, let me say right now I have no interest or time in sleeving my own cables. I have no problem buying them though.