Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2011, 12:16 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Post Advice wanted on current build

PCI-SSD Revodrive3 x2 is my boot drive, i was not able to install it as a ACHI for some reason and is currently running in RAID, i cannot add any other HHD because every time i do the BIOS changes boot priorities and "forgets" that the boot drive is in the PCI-e port (x16) even a USB stick confuses it.
(other then that it has kick ass transfer speeds and runs stable)

The bios is updated, the firmware on the revo3 is not. does anyone has experience with this card?

Looking for watercooling - for quiet operation, yes i have seen the guides, anyone done this first hand with my cabinet who can comment? or should i just go for the prefilled units?

Graphics, I was thinking buying an additional 6950 card... or should i wait for the next gen?

Buying parts from Norway, but what page you link to is not an issue, just keep it in english and metric as far as possible,(as furlong per forthnight is hard for me to process)
Usage being able to run the newest games at max, editing, some work, ect, thus stability is a must
Budget/pricerange I am not looking for the most extreme parts, price is not a issue but may take some time to prioritce as i have several costly hobbies.
Brand no preferences exept i am allergic to Macs
Current parts, i was intending to use them yes.
Similar threads, yes i have searched, but probably missed it as the is tons of irrelevant and outdated information around the web and some forums are just to messy for an outsider to search properly like OCZ.
Partly complete but i want YOUR input on what to put in next!
Resolution, it varies, usually as high as possible(1080p), i just the 63" 3d plasma for gaming and video and the 22" lcd for reading and when the kids are awake.

Last edited by Agares; December 11, 2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: shortening it to avoid TLDNR

Tags
revodrive , tweak