Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2011, 10:15 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

you're in the new builds section. The gallery is just a bit further down! :)
Attached Images

Old December 9, 2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Default ahh Ok Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

hadn't thought of that yet. haven't had it that long to call it a "Work in Progress".

she khacked out, only minutes after installing the H100.....

thx

JP
Old December 9, 2011, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef.paas View Post
all this computer junk will break it's only a matter of time, it's just like anything else, my car was new it broke, my MTB was new it broke, my TV was new, it broke, i built this new Computer now i'm broke.

is there really a better PSU then another??

what would you guys recommend ??

Thx

JP
Everything does break over time. I know it, you know it, we all know it. It really is down to luck for the most part. The Key difference is with some research we can help minimize our exposure to it :)

There are better PSU's out there even if the wattage rating is the same. The key things to research on PSU's is Voltage Regulation, Ripple or Noise as its called and Efficency.
Your Coolermaster unit might do pretty good at room temperatures but the SevenTeam units (coolermaster doesn't actually make the PSU you have, its OEM is usually Seventeam but I could be wrong about your particular model) usually don't do well once they start heating up.

A bad and low quality PSU can and Will kill components over time espically if there is a lot of ripple and bad regulation in the lines (as well as hinder your OC). Also, if a bad or low quality PSU dies it usually likes to take a couple of your components with it.
Its the cornerstone of your system and should be one of the parts you should always spend your money on.

If I had to recommend something, it would be say a Silverstone Strider Plus, a Corsair HX/TX/AX unit, anything from Seasonic or XFX as well as most of Antecs Linup.

Good place to start.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 9, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh, THAT. I thought that was just for case mods. Would explain why there are some unmodded computers in there.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old December 9, 2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Default food for thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

If I had to recommend something, it would be say a Silverstone Strider Plus, a Corsair HX/TX/AX unit, anything from Seasonic or XFX as well as most of Antecs Linup.

Good place to start.

-ST

ok thx ST, learning something new hear everyday!!

JP
Old December 12, 2011, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yep particularly when purchasing something as monstrous as a 1kW PSU, DONT look for what is the cheapest...spending an extra $50 now can save you a ton of grief later.

Old December 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You might wanna put a fan gaurd on that bottom fan mate. Wouldn't be a good thing to have wires rattlling around in the blades ;)
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.