Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2011, 08:34 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default new build and need help.

I want to get a Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler for my new build but I dont know if it will fit. I have look every where for all the specs to see if it will fit but not sure. Here is what I want to put together.

Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
i7 2600k
750 psu
HIS H685QNT1GD Radeon HD 6850
EVGA Z68 FTW w/ EVGauge and ECP V4
Kingston 16GB HyperX

I am not sure what case to get I would like to get one of these cases but not sure if the will fit every thing in them...IN WIN Dragon Rider Black, Cooler Master RC-932, XClio A380PLUS-BK,
HAF 932 Advanced or XClio 777COLOR. If anyone could give me some help I would be very grateful.

P.S. I will use this computer for many different things like SEO, gameing, music and much more.
Old December 7, 2011, 01:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I think either of the 932, the dragon rider, or even something like a corsair 500r or silverstone raven series RV02-E or Raven RV03 will let it fit, I have a raven 3, and though you need to take the time with wiring and such, a DH14 will fit, its tight, but fits.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:14 PM
Rookie

haf all the way or go for the 902 or 1200
Old December 9, 2011, 12:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the feed back, I am thinking of getting either the 932 or the dragon rider. Now my friend told me the the mother board and the cooler wont work together? I was sure I looked over the specs and it looked good. Can anyone take a look and double check for me?
Old December 9, 2011, 01:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Don't worry about the compatibility of the motherboard with the heatsink. It will fit like a glove and I am sure if it especially with Noctua. Check for height clearance for the NH-D14 with your casing and RAM height clearance. If you're getting the HyperX Genesis that has the low profile heatspreaders then there is one less thing to worry about.
Old December 9, 2011, 02:09 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0991 View Post
Don't worry about the compatibility of the motherboard with the heatsink. It will fit like a glove and I am sure if it especially with Noctua. Check for height clearance for the NH-D14 with your casing and RAM height clearance. If you're getting the HyperX Genesis that has the low profile heatspreaders then there is one less thing to worry about.

It will fit in the case and it will just be enuff room for the ram, but the board looks like it cant fit it. The board has such big heat sinks on the north bride that it mite not fit, I contacted noctua and waiting for them to email back. When they let me know I will let you know, I just have to make sure before I pay for shipping.

I am looking into water cooling in the near future, but there is so much to learn for it. I started to pick out some parts then next thing I know it was prized at $3000 and most of it didnt work together lol. What are the main parts for water cooling?

Tags
help with new build