Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyserberg View Post
LOL!
even if he doesn't OC the i5 2500k still a perfomance killer for the phenom 2 X6,an OC over 4GHZ might help a bit,but the guys seems to be on a budget so even if he couldn't OC his system will work just fine,besides i would reccomend OC if he wanted to throw a GTX590 there,but 560Ti won't be bottlenecked anyway by a non-OCed 2500k.
My point is yeah sure you can OC,but if you're on a budget more than being focused applying a huge cooling to keep good temps,i wouldn't reccomend OC until you have some bucks
It is not a matter where the Core i5 2500K at stock would outperform the PII X6 and it is also not a matter of the GPU being bottlenecked by the CPU either. It is more of the premium paid for the OC capabilities with a K suffix chip. It is like having a Core i7 3960X and not overclock it, except that this is with its cheaper sibling.

What I recommended is a beast of a heatsink where you are guaranteed to be at a certain frequency (4.5GHz in this case) without having to worry about temps at all. It doesn't have to be expensive to even OC the chip a little. A CM Hyper212 Evo runs for as little as $37 from the egg and 4.0GHz stable is a definite possibility. What matters to me here is to get the most out of the system by means of overclocking. Otherwise OP could be saving a few bucks with a H67 + Core i5 2400/2500 if overclocking is not within his interest.
Old December 7, 2011, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyserberg View Post
LOL!
i already talked about the board,look at my primary post,GIGABYTE ones are killer in terms of value
@dma0991 even if he doesn't OC the i5 2500k still a perfomance killer for the phenom 2 X6,an OC over 4GHZ might help a bit,but the guys seems to be on a budget so even if he couldn't OC his system will work just fine,besides i would reccomend OC if he wanted to throw a GTX590 there,but 560Ti won't be bottlenecked anyway by a non-OCed 2500k.
My point is yeah sure you can OC,but if you're on a budget more than being focused applying a huge cooling to keep good temps,i wouldn't reccomend OC until you have some bucks
Oh right lol thanks thats a really nice board but sadly out of the price range but i am getting a gigabyte board still and i won't be overclocking right away but soon after i'll get a heat sink and i know it's like a sin not to overclock a k series processor but don't worry i will eventually

Tags
build , gaming , gaming build