Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

only the ssd will take full advantage of the 6g sata ports. I would worry about getting the OS installed solid before any over clocking. You'll want to make a system recovery disk (CD) after installation and possibly a full image backup. Get a good install in and then come back to the OC forum and begin your overclock. You are getting way ahead of yourself in my humble opinion and need to worry about building it correctly and installing it correctly.

Overclocking can ruin installs due to blue screening which is normal in your quest for a high and stable OC. Having a back up will decrease the time it takes to re-install windows and begin your quest again.The ASUS board can automatically find a stable OC for you too... this might help you figure out some of the bios settings before you try manual stuff. There is a feature in the bios to store up to 8 variants of a tweaked bios. I suggest saving some of the stable ones you build as failed OC's will happen and its nice to set back to a stable one to play games etc.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 7, 2011, 07:07 AM
Rookie

So I just need to get everything built, turn it on and just do normal settings when I first turn it on and install my operating system, create a full image back up and a system recovery cd and then proceed?
Old December 7, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well that's how I do it.. doesn't mean you NEED to. I just noticed another post of yours. Get one of these:

Extreme Performance Xporter XT Rage USB Drive, 8GB When you do let me know I can give you a link to turn that thing into win7 install cd. It took me a little over 5 minutes to install win7. only reason I say 8 gig is because a 4 gig fills up pretty fast with the win7 and sometimes having a little extra room is a bonus for drivers n stuff.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 7, 2011, 05:14 PM
Rookie

2600k is not worth the extra $100 premium. Get the i5 2500k . wont notice a difference.
Old December 9, 2011, 06:55 AM
Rookie

Does anyone know if the silver arrow will fit the socket 1155? I cant seem to find it anywhere supporting 1155. Thermalrights website is showing 1366, 1156 and 775 but then again in another area it shows it supporting 1155.

Also anyone know a good touch screen fan controller? I was thinking about the aerocool tocuh 2000. Any suggestions or ideas on this?

TJ
Old December 9, 2011, 07:39 AM
Rookie

Also, does it matter where the items are installed in the drive bays.
Old December 9, 2011, 01:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstegall82 View Post
Does anyone know if the silver arrow will fit the socket 1155? I cant seem to find it anywhere supporting 1155. Thermalrights website is showing 1366, 1156 and 775 but then again in another area it shows it supporting 1155.

Also anyone know a good touch screen fan controller? I was thinking about the aerocool tocuh 2000. Any suggestions or ideas on this?

TJ

Any cooler that fits a 1156 will fit a 1155, its the same just cant use same mobo's.