Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Default iT'S ALIVE!!! DING DING ROUND 2!!

HAPPY!!

FAN CONTROLLER ON THE H100 DIED DEAD!!

NH-D14 INSTALLED!! EASY AS PI!!!

THX TO ALL THE HELP FROM HC'rs!!!

JP

Last edited by jef.paas; December 6, 2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: SPEELING EEROR
Old November 30, 2011, 07:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very nice rig you've got there.
-Deadpool
Old November 30, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Case looks a lot sexier then i had presumed, On my buy list now...
Old November 30, 2011, 07:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

i see you got 4 sticks of ram running on that board. what spec? did you have to change anything? I've been told running 4 sticks on these boards can be tough and i've got a 16gb kit here I'm wanting to run when my CPU gets here this week.
Old November 30, 2011, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Where did you hear that?
Old December 6, 2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
i see you got 4 sticks of ram running on that board. what spec? did you have to change anything? I've been told running 4 sticks on these boards can be tough and i've got a 16gb kit here I'm wanting to run when my CPU gets here this week.
never read that anywhere??

sup wit dat?

no issues that i'm aware of...

fans died on Sunday...

JP
Old December 6, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This is OT but since its been brought up....

In theory running four sticks on a dual channel rig is no problems. However, just like the 1366'ers and running 6 sticks on triple channel it can cause issues. It can also limit some overclocking ability. BUT even for normal peeps needs, four sticks can - from time to time - cause some wonky issues to pop up. It is rare and most people never have issues, but it does happen. Especially when a newcomer purchases two dual stick kits and didnt configure them properly in the BIOS. Even when properly configed it can happen.

Hell my test bed - and it looks to be that same mobo as the OP - ran into issues with Mushkin and then GSkill....but loved Corsair that I fed it. All 8 sticks tested fine and are working perfect in other rigs...but not that particular mobo. Just like in the old days the very first thing I do when TS'ing and tracking down memory related gremlins is pull two sticks. IF the problem goes away...it was the sticks not playing nice (assuming that the test fine on a dif rig and its not just a dead stick or dead ram port on the mobo). IF the gremlin is still there. Pull another stick and try them one at a time. Classic computer trouble shooting 101.

To the OP sorry to hear about your H100. Corsair are good peeps to deal with and will make it right. In the mean time...yeah that air cooler you have chosen to replace it with...is a beast. You will love it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 6, 2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Default RE: THE BEAST!!

THX AKG!!

JP
Old December 6, 2011, 12:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
Actually true. There's a pretty simple workaround that usually works to stabilize.
1) set your memory voltage (usually either 1.50v or 1.65v), speed (1333, 1600, 1866, etc., sometimes by way of a mulitplier of 100.) and timings MANUALLY (at least the 'big 5' timings, like 9-22-9-27-2T in my case). Do not leave ANY of these settings on 'auto'.
2) bump up the vtt/vccio. Stock is 1.05v. Generally accepted day to day safe is considered 1.20v. There is one report that Dell systems use 1.30v at stock. I run mine at 1.15v day to day.

Not necessary for every system configuration. But if you aren't stable or getting funky crashes, try it.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old December 6, 2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Default BEST PWM FANS??...NEED HELP!!

now i will be the first to admit the looks of the Noctua Fans is something left to be desired.

that being said, they are relativley quite, and floating around 1200rpm.

however, the Thermal right PWM fans are KICKING ASS!!!

i think im going to swap out the Noctua fans for the TY-140's and see how she runs.

anybody have more experience with either of these fans?? please feel free to chime in and give some additional insight.

thx

JP