Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2011, 12:01 PM
Rookie

I have another question, the speakers that I use are the Logitec z 5500. What is a good sound card to go with these ?
Old November 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

No real reason to change the DVD, though I am using ASUS B1ST DVD drive, works very well, and is quite low cost.

Also if you plan on overclocking some(which is always a good boost to do, and not that hard if you do some reading) I noticed you got Hyper 212 EVO, which are very good coolers for the price, do not remeber if they come with 2 fans, if they do not, I would add a second of the same stock fan to it, can help keep load temps a little cooler and maintain a return to lower temps faster, I have hyper 212+ push/pull with stock fan and using MX4 thermal paste, works very well, that and you can slide the fans up/down some to help with best cooling or clearence, a very good choice :)

As far as sound cards, everyone has thier own opinion on this, myself I use ASUS Xonar DX, love it, very good osund for everything, and the drivers they now supply are pretty darn good, overall very good choice for the coin, sure there is better, but it really is the sweet spot last time I checked. I use it for movies, for gaming, and for music and overall am very satisfied with it, I added some extensions and a splitter and have it running front panel for headset and hit the little tab thingy and it goes to back panel for speakers, PS3/tv and have added another mic so when I am using FP I have headset, with RP it does everything else.

I do not notice static or anything, though I have noticed with a vew crud quality internet tv sites that I get popping when I hit stop or play but its only a milisecond and not that loud(I dont think its the sound card, I think its just those specific sites nothing more)

As for the 570 vs 580, if oyu got a good card, a slight overclock and you pretty much have a 580 in raw performance, pushed to thier absolute edge, yes a 580 is faster it just has more shader/rop/tmu and such, but from what I have seen it overall is not much a difference and saves quite a few $$

As far a wireless keyboards, one of the logitech ones, or myself I use a Ideazon Merc, the orginal not a steelseries one, it takes a bit to get used to, but not that pricey, works well, lasts a long time( mine is 4+ years old now and just a few of the keys have worn the lettering a bit, thats with 12+hours a day average gaming) and no fancy gidgets or gadgets to much with :P
Old December 5, 2011, 08:24 PM
Rookie

I finished this built last week and it is a really great computer. For now I am playing battlefield 3 and the Witcher (Original). I may buy another gtx 570 around boxing week to have an sli set up that can really max everything out.