Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2011, 11:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbay View Post
When I get my new stock in for the store I'll give it a look for you. I'm sure I've got a 2600k kicking about somewhere at work.
Woah many thanks! You see, I'm currently living in Madrid Spain and a friend can get the parts to me but shipping would be literally 150 dollars. It's still alot but I still manage to save money compared to purchasing the parts here.
Old November 7, 2011, 01:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Woah many thanks! You see, I'm currently living in Madrid Spain and a friend can get the parts to me but shipping would be literally 150 dollars. It's still alot but I still manage to save money compared to purchasing the parts here.
Managed to phone up a colleague and he assures me the 3.0 PCI-E slots are backwards compatible with both 2.0 and 1.1. The conundrum of the 2600k is still around, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't function. Just as long as you purchase a board with the same socket type you should be fine.

Corsair 550d
Intel i5 Quad Core 2500k @4ghz
GTX 570
Asus
Corsair HX 750W
G.Skill sniper 2x4GB
OCZ Agility Series 60GB SSD
Old November 7, 2011, 02:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Many thanks! I really Appreciate your assistance. Now I have to wait until I recieve a message back from a friend about the pc fans and I should be set. Once again, many thanks.