Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 10:50 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Red face i need your help to build my pc

i build new pc but i dont know what is the best actually because lots of new stuff i have 1250$ 1400 $ and i like intel not amd what i can make

i play bf3 black ops mw2 WoW AND MW3

sorry for verry bad english i dont know if you understand
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
FlyingFish's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 491
Default

Right I'm going to assume you're buying in Canada.

CPU: $219.99 NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB - Intel - BX80623I52500K - in Canada
Motherboard: 132.99 NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P8P67 LE REV3.0 ATX LGA1155 P67 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI IDE USB3.0 Sandy Bridge B3 Motherboard - ASUS - P8P67 LE REV 3.0 - in Canada
RAM: $49.99 NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory - G.Skill - F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - in Canada
Power supply: $89.99 NCIX.com - Buy Corsair TX650 V2 650W ATX 12V Single Rail 53A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Bronze - Corsair - CMPSU-650TXV2 - in Canada
Case: 54.99 NCIX.com - Buy Bitfenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case Black 3X5.25EXT 8X3.5INT No PS Top USB2.0 Audio - BitFenix - BFC-SNB-150-KKN1-RP - in Canada
DvD Drive: 20.99 Newegg.ca - LG DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS70 - CD / DVD Burners
HDD: 94.98 NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM - Western Digital WD - WD5000AAKX - in Canada
SSD: 179.00 -30 mail in rebate NCIX.com - Buy ADATA AS510S3-120GM-C 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 SandForce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Drive SSD - AData Technology - AS510S3-120GM-C - in Canada
Windows: $101.97 Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64b en w/SP1 - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English
Graphics Card: $299.99 Buy ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 GDDR5 at Vuugo. Speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives for more information!


Total before tax: $1245.87 CDN
Mail in rebate: $30

You get a great processor, you get a good graphics card and an SSD big enough to store all your games.


Also, I assumed you didn't need a monitor and a keyboard and a mouse.
__________________
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFish View Post
Right I'm going to assume you're buying in Canada.

CPU: $219.99 NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB - Intel - BX80623I52500K - in Canada
Motherboard: 132.99 NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P8P67 LE REV3.0 ATX LGA1155 P67 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI IDE USB3.0 Sandy Bridge B3 Motherboard - ASUS - P8P67 LE REV 3.0 - in Canada
RAM: $49.99 NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory - G.Skill - F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - in Canada
Power supply: $89.99 NCIX.com - Buy Corsair TX650 V2 650W ATX 12V Single Rail 53A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Bronze - Corsair - CMPSU-650TXV2 - in Canada
Case: 54.99 NCIX.com - Buy Bitfenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case Black 3X5.25EXT 8X3.5INT No PS Top USB2.0 Audio - BitFenix - BFC-SNB-150-KKN1-RP - in Canada
DvD Drive: 20.99 Newegg.ca - LG DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS70 - CD / DVD Burners
HDD: 94.98 NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM - Western Digital WD - WD5000AAKX - in Canada
SSD: 179.00 -30 mail in rebate NCIX.com - Buy ADATA AS510S3-120GM-C 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 SandForce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Drive SSD - AData Technology - AS510S3-120GM-C - in Canada
Windows: $101.97 Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64b en w/SP1 - License and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English
Graphics Card: $299.99 Buy ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 GDDR5 at Vuugo. Speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives for more information!


Total before tax: $1245.87 CDN
Mail in rebate: $30

You get a great processor, you get a good graphics card and an SSD big enough to store all your games.


Also, I assumed you didn't need a monitor and a keyboard and a mouse.

nice i just buy i7 950 brand new 100$ and motherboard p6t Deluxe brand new for 75 $ what you think of the price i pay and what is the best set up for this set
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 105

My System Specs

Default

The 17 950 is getting a little older but will do you fine for what you use it for and decent price.

Pretty much all the rest of the recommendations these guys made still stick except that you need a triple channel memory kit instead of dual...so either a 6 or a 12 gig kit.

I'd go with this: Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL @ $76

Also, I'd go with the better power supply ern88 suggested. the AX series are pretty much unbeatable.

Last thing is cooling. Noctua UH12s were on for $50 last time I looked...good option for air cooling.

Razz
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 128

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelary View Post
nice i just buy i7 950 brand new 100$ and motherboard p6t Deluxe brand new for 75 $ what you think of the price i pay and what is the best set up for this set
Grab a 570GTX, 6-12gb of ram, I personally Use G.Skill and i have never had any problems with it. My friend has 6GB of dominator ram in his i7 950 and says he doesn't like it and that kind of disappointed me because i always wanted to buy it. Id grab a 120GB SSD and a 2TB WD Green an and 850 watt psu. case is all personal taste i can recommend the corsair H series and Noctua coolers both are amazing.
__________________
i5 3570K @ 4.5GHZ // MSI-G45 // 16GB Corsair Vengance Blue // XFX 7970 // SilverStone Raven 03

SteelSeries 6Gv2 // SteelSeries Kana White // Steelseries Siberiasv2 White // BenQ XL2410T // Samsung 2233rz
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 05:33 PM
techman95's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 322

My System Specs

Default

well since you got the 950 and p6t for 175 id say thats almost a steal. but yea go for a triple channel kit which are usually 12 or 6gb and have 3 sticks. for a video card i would recommend a 6950, 6970, or a 570 all are really great cards and you cant go wrong with either choice. get an ssd preferably a 120gb and in my opinion the m4's made by crucial are the most reliable. the case is all your choice of what you like but i will recommend a haf 932 or any corsair case and for power go with a corsair, sesonic, or xfx 850watt
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 28, 2011, 10:02 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razamatraz View Post
The 17 950 is getting a little older but will do you fine for what you use it for and decent price.

Pretty much all the rest of the recommendations these guys made still stick except that you need a triple channel memory kit instead of dual...so either a 6 or a 12 gig kit.

I'd go with this: Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL @ $76

Also, I'd go with the better power supply ern88 suggested. the AX series are pretty much unbeatable.

Last thing is cooling. Noctua UH12s were on for $50 last time I looked...good option for air cooling.

Razz
Quote:
Originally Posted by severity View Post
Grab a 570GTX, 6-12gb of ram, I personally Use G.Skill and i have never had any problems with it. My friend has 6GB of dominator ram in his i7 950 and says he doesn't like it and that kind of disappointed me because i always wanted to buy it. Id grab a 120GB SSD and a 2TB WD Green an and 850 watt psu. case is all personal taste i can recommend the corsair H series and Noctua coolers both are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman95 View Post
well since you got the 950 and p6t for 175 id say thats almost a steal. but yea go for a triple channel kit which are usually 12 or 6gb and have 3 sticks. for a video card i would recommend a 6950, 6970, or a 570 all are really great cards and you cant go wrong with either choice. get an ssd preferably a 120gb and in my opinion the m4's made by crucial are the most reliable. the case is all your choice of what you like but i will recommend a haf 932 or any corsair case and for power go with a corsair, sesonic, or xfx 850watt

thx for you help all now i know what i buy

my new build:
i7 950
p6td deluxe
antec nine hundred gaming case
12 gig ram
2 x 570 graphique card
950 w psu corsair
2 tb hard drive
120 gig ssd

you think that is good ?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To build, or not to build: that is the question Timid newbe New Builds 5 August 12, 2010 04:33 AM
New Build- Corsair 800D --> My cleanest build ever. Watercooled btdvox Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 28 May 11, 2010 01:07 PM
Windows 7 Build 7000 VS Windows XP SP3 Build 2600 Benchmarks Veritas Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 3 March 3, 2009 01:48 PM
Critique my gaming build build 1080p New Builds 10 January 14, 2009 03:18 PM