Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2011, 01:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by severity View Post
I'm pretty sure you violated any warranty that came with any single part of that computer by putting it in a new case, I may be wrong though I put in a different video card and an extra hard drive in a family members dell computer and apparently that violated the warranty
Possibly, and I warned him about that before he bought the case but he said it should still be covered so we'll see.

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. This thread should be in the "Case Mod, Worklog & Gallery" section.

If one of the mods sees this feel free to move it.

Last edited by Killswitch; October 23, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old October 23, 2011, 03:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow...that PSU is huge. Does it blow up like the Dell batteries did? That would be one hell of a cool show with it's size =P
The Dell mobo doesn't look bad IMO, Looks like gigabyte colors, other then the Active cooling and some of the writing on the board, you probably wouldn't realize the board came from a dell / not a custom build rig.
Old October 23, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^^ I would bet that this mobo is a gigabytes made OEM.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 23, 2011, 04:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No one needs to worry about the PSU. Unless they like slagging Antec PSU's as well.
Dell chooses Delta's higher end. I bet it can put its 1200 output without fail.

As for the noise, no idea. I was never a fan of the TT WC units after an old one blew up on me. But we'll see how well it holds up.
How are the temps?

Otherwise minus the colours it looks nice. Good setup.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 24, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My temps are high for a case that has as many fans as this one has. The CPU is 42c at idle and the Video cards are at 46c ans 56c. That's 46 on top card and 56 on bottom. That is a bit higher than with the Alienware case for the Video cards. The Video temps are too high when you consider that huge fan on the case door that blows directly onto the Video cards. The case itself is great. It runs dead silent except for the cooler pump. I have never heard a pump buzz like mine does on any other rig. The Alienware Liquid Cooler made no noise at all,nothing. Liquid cooling is SUPPOSED to run quiet. When playing games,my CPU temps are at 65c and the Video cards run at 86c and 82c. Those temps are way too high. Something ain't right.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 24, 2011, 08:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah something isn't right there. My 580 is in my TT Armor A90 and with Ambient of 19 I idle at 33-35 and load no higher than 66.

CPU should be cooler as well, but that is not the rads issue, I think its the block.
Maybe a new application of TIM and such might help?

I would see if you can ramp up the fan speeds a bit, if they are being controlled somewhere, run them on full.

Even on full those big fans shouldn't make much noise.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 24, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just increased the fan speed. On hugh,it's way too noisy. I have the setting at near high speed right now,and the CPU temp dropped 1 or 2 c. Also,I have my rig set up right beside a window and I have it opened. It's only 8c outside right now,so there is quite a bit of cold air blowing over the top of my PC. Driving me batty. I just checked the CPU temp and it's at 44c.now. Went up for some reason. I'm going to play a game for a while with ALL fans on high,including the CPU fans. I'll see what happens after an hour or so and report my findings. I didn't call any tech support yet,as you guys may help me get it fixed without a full re-install of replaced hardware etc. Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 24, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well,I ran a couple games for about an hour, and CPU temps went right back up to 66c. The Video cards went to 86c and 88c. Kill switch has a couple of ideas,but he's at work right now. I will wait for him before I call Thermaltake support or find a fix from someone here. I think the cooler pump or something else with the CPU cooling system is borked. No way those temps should be there with the radiator fans on high. The Video cards are a whole other issue. In the Alienware case,video temps never went over 76c.,and that case doesn't have near the number of fans in it. The main reason I bought the Level 10 case was for all the fans that exhaust and blow over Video cards,and ram etc. Other than the heat issues and the CPU pump noise,I love this case. I can barely hear anything, even at start up.[except pump] The Alienware sure let you know when it started up. More like starting a truck. It did however,have a couple more motors to start.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah he's probably gonna have to ramp the speeds up a bit.
And give it a few days on the pump/ cooler system. It might just be bubbles in the system that need to work themselves out.

Time will tell.

-ST

Old October 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Dude, turn the fans up on those video cards. Their temps will never get any better if you don't! Case fans can only provide more cool air. If the video card fans aren't increased to take advantage of that they will always be in the 80 degree range....... which they were in the Alienware case.