Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2011, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
Congrats! I bet you're surprised how fast the sytem is even with 4GB of RAM!
1) You didn't take my advice on the RAM :( sad
2) You didn't take my advice on the cards! :) happy (I have been reading up on the newest games' benchmarks and as Sky mentioned in another thread, AMD's drivers are a nightmare to deal with, even though I stand by my recommendation that the HD6970 in CF is a better setup than the GTX580 in SLI in bang/buck and bang/watt, and I am optimistic that the newest games will perform better on AMD with due time)
3) How are the parts fitting with the 690II? You reckon another GTX580 DCUII can fit?
4) Would you post some pictures?
1: Bah, i guess i either forgot when I ordered or i thought it would fit! Heh
2: I just couldn't handle myself. That 580GTX is a beast and it is the top of the line period! And i won't be changing my computer for a while now so i wanted the top of the line...
3: All good man! Everything fits and I could even set-up watercooling into it! (Maybe will for the CPU! Or not.. Heh) Yeah, It would but DAMN i never thought 3 slot GPUs existed! Wow! This thing is a monster!
4: I will when it is done! The CPU cooler is not yet oriented in the right direction due to the fact that i wanted to use the computer and so i had to set the CPU to have the first 120mml fan upwards so i could use at least 1 RAM slot! My ram should arrive this week! I also got myself some extensions because i am a cable freak!

Oh and BTW: The sound is AMAYZING! I love this new sounds card and especially the Corsair headphones!

PS: This took me a few mins to set-up (still pretty confused with the new setting and stuff. Like, i really don't get it how offset vcore works
and much more...Might needs some help!) and it's rock solid stable!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f..._136v_LOAD.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...v_3DMark06.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...arkVantage.jpg

Are those scores where they should be? The 3DMark06 sounds right to me but i don't know much about Vantage. Is it all good?
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14