Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2011, 01:11 PM
Trial Member

Default choosing chassi

Hello my name is Linus and this is my firs post on this site hoping to get some proffesional help with choosing my chassi. I dont know if this is the right forum to post this here but here I go.

Right now Iam sitting on a Cooler master Silencio 550 but iŽd like a new one since i persoanlly hate. the cooling inside sucks. Iam looking for a chassi thats works with my corsair h80 which i just bought and a chassi that can cool my GTX590 in a good way. Ialso want the chassi to be pretty good looking aswell as its quite quiet but very good when it comes to cooling. I also want a chassi thats going to be good for the next few years when new technology comes out.

The chassis i Have found is this one. Cooler Master Storm Trooper

Just found this chassi and was like Wow,simply amzing, Sweet looking chassi, Loads of creativity with the fans and I am like iam going to get one but reading closer and looking on pictures i saw that the 200MM fan is too big so I canŽt use my h80 Water cooler for my CPU! please tell me I am blind or just terrible at looking on these pictures.

This is how the H80 is looking in my current Chassi

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is a picture of the Storm tropper is looking from the inside, It does support x2 120 MM fans at the top but it would be a shame since the top fan is prob the most important one in the whole chassi since heat is going up not down. so IŽd like all the air to go from the front and from the bottom cooling the GPU And goes out through the H80 and Top of the chassi with the 200MM fan at the top 120 at the front and x2 120 from the bottom.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
What do you guys think? Other wise IŽll just buy the HAF or Corsair 600T white or black! cause I know they will fit with the H80 Cooling system.

Another one is the HAF X which has been out for around 1 year or so, Which is a really sick but simply so damn ugly, and I never try to buy things thats over 1 year old.

Antec 1200, Old good chassi bad looking but still a very good choise for a gamer.

Corsair 600t
Really good looking, Might be good cooling, but dont know 100% since there is only 3 fans. Also buying a Mid tower for the future might now be the greatest idea right?

Please tell me about if you have any other chassi you would recommend or if you have experience with any of these chassies, The Storm isnt out yet but if you have any thoughts about it please share.

Thank you all

Cheers, Linus
Old October 8, 2011, 11:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

All of those are good case choices, however for that money I myself would get a silverstone raven rv03 because it has prety much the best air cooling out there.

Also pretty much any case will fit your H80 as long as it has a 120 mm fan mount on the top or top back you are fine. The intake fans are actually most important, exhausting air from the top isn't all that important as long as it has top vents because air pressure will push the hot air out anyways.

I have an m-ATX case with 1x140mm intake fan and I get great temperatures even with the stock intel cooler. never goes above 45 C at load and I have a GTX 560 ti in it too.
Old October 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
Rookie

how about silverstone's FT-02?? Is that comparable to the RV03?
Old October 11, 2011, 04:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkdagger View Post
how about silverstone's FT-02?? Is that comparable to the RV03?
The ft-02 is like a super upscaled raven case. They have simlar temperature but the ft-02 is made of aluminum, personally I wouldn't spend that much on a case but it is very nice.
Old October 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
MVP

I built a system with an H80 in a 600T a couple of weeks ago. It may or may not suit your needs...I'm no fan expert, and they say the stock 200mm fans aren't great. I replaced the one up top with 2x 120mm exhaust fans, left the front intake fan in but removed 1 drive bay and the bottom support, and moved the other drive bay closer to the PSU - there is a 2-screw mount provided for that.

To me, the most amazing thing about this case is the porting for cable management - makes for a really clean looking build.

I have the H80 and front fan for intake, 2x 120 up top + PSU + vid card for exhaust.

Also, you can get a side door with mesh where you can mount more fans that pretty much point right at your vid card. I didn't get that option, but you can order it separately direct from Corsair, I understand.

Before - stock:

In progress:

After moving things around and installing H80:
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite