Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2011, 09:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wink please suggest me a good pc cabinet

Hi,
I am planning to build a pc with i5 2400 & gtx 460 graphics card,with corsair 550w psu.I am looking to buy a case which can accommodate the above setup .
but I am looking to buy a case which is very small and easy to carry from one place to another..please suggest me a best case .....
Thanks
Old September 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What is your motherboard? (model or form factor eg. atx, matx etc) as this will dictate how small the case can be.
Old September 22, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

what is your case budget?
Old September 22, 2011, 10:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
What is your motherboard? (model or form factor eg. atx, matx etc) as this will dictate how small the case can be.
matx motherboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
what is your case budget?
budget -50-100 $
Old September 23, 2011, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well if you want an M-atx case I recommend the silverstone temjin tj08B-E, I recently purchased this case and it is awesome. Otherwise I would go with a haf 912 or zalman z9+
Old September 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Well if you want an M-atx case I recommend the silverstone temjin tj08B-E, I recently purchased this case and it is awesome. Otherwise I would go with a haf 912 or zalman z9+
where did u find the 08B-E? I've been trying to hunt it down for a while but all I keep finding are the non E version! also how much did it cost?

Edit: nvm looks like most re-sellers I go to usually now have it in stock...just that price is slightly higher than I expected (105$ vs 80$)...
Old September 23, 2011, 01:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

is it available here?
Old September 23, 2011, 02:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LOL I spent close to a week picking out my case so I have a few in mind for ya.

If you are looking for a mid tower case this one is pretty nice, has a handle for carrying, and a special port to lock your peripherals in place in case you don't trust the shady's at your lan party. It is also under $100.

Cooler Master Storm Scout

Here is a really cheap and small mATX mid tower. Also has a handle so will be easy to carry.

APEX TX-381-C Black Steel Micro ATX Tower Computer Case

And here are a few that I am simply a fan of that are under 100 bucks.

Xigmatek Utgard Window CPC-T90DB-U02 Black Steel / Aluminum and Mesh Bezel Computer Case

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case (corsair is awesome!)

Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, front mounted dual USB 3.0

Rosewill RANGER Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case,two-toned interior coating,come with Three Fans,Support up to 7 Fans, w/ Window Side Panel

Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans-1x Front 120mm Fan, 2x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan on motherboard tray, 1x Side 200mm Fan, option Fan-1x Bottom 120mm Fan

I really like a lot of the rosewill cases. They are very nice looking for their price and most of them have excellent cooling options. Not sure on the quality though never had one. I also like how they are mostly painted black inside. I was going to get rosewill but I decided to go with a Corsair simply because it had rubber grommets and more room for cable management. Now that I think about it, I spent roughly 100 dollars more for rubber grommets..... FML.
Old September 23, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGreen View Post
where did u find the 08B-E? I've been trying to hunt it down for a while but all I keep finding are the non E version! also how much did it cost?

Edit: nvm looks like most re-sellers I go to usually now have it in stock...just that price is slightly higher than I expected (105$ vs 80$)...
I picked one up for $90 from NCIX price matched to best direct.
Old September 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have the fractal design core 3000 case, and i personally love it! its right in your price range and can fit anything you throw at it - im hoping to get my SLI in here by christmas :)

if money or size isnt a problem i would get the corsair 800d but thats just me :)