Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2011, 09:07 PM
Top Prospect

Default Case Question

Hey guys,

I currently have a Lian Li PcP60 case. I still love it (it is a bit on the big side) but I am torn between keeping this case for my upgrade in a few weeks or getting a new case. A couple of thoughts.

1. Is there any resale value in this case?
2. Is there any real benefits, like mounting for SSD that kind of thing that I would not have be not getting a new case. I am looking at the Silverstone Raven, or one of the Corsair models (800 or 600)

Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful.

phad
ASUS P8-Z68-v PRO, INTEL 2600K @ 4.4 ghz, ZOTAC GTX-580, Lian Li Armour Suit PC-P80, OCZ GamerXStream 700W, Nuctua NH-D14, MUSHKIN 996995, 2TB Caviar Black, 1TB Caviar Black, 120GB Vertex 3, SAMSUNG 245T
Old September 10, 2011, 04:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That Lian Li case is a nice case, as all there cases are. There is some sort of value in it, mostly to somebody looking at one for a mod they have in the works...I just couldn't tell you what you could get for it. The other cases you are looking at are nice ones too. The biggest benefit from reusing your Lian Li is the money you would save from not having to buy a new one. Which you could then put into other parts for your build.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 11, 2011, 08:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default keep it

PerryC is spot on...unless you plan on adding something that won't fit or the replacement has a feature that you like. I say never get skimpy on your case and it will last you through a few rebuilds . I have a Siverstone TJ09 that has been through at least 3 rebuilds.

***PerryC , if that is you in your avatar - thanks for serving!
Old September 11, 2011, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

@Phad-- If you are worried about not being able to mount a ssd in your case, you could always pick up one of these:

NCIX.com - Buy Lian Li HD-520 Internal 5.25IN to 2X2.5IN HDD/SSD Mounting Kit - LIAN-LI - HD-520 - in Canada

or

NCIX.com - Buy Lian Li HD-322 Internal 3.5IN to 2X2.5IN HDD/SSD Mounting Kit for Lian Li TOOL-LESS HDD Cage System - LIAN-LI - HD-322 - in Canada

@Onemanhitsquad -- yup that's me...couldn't see myself doing anything else...
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 11, 2011, 06:02 PM
Top Prospect

Thanx guys. I think what i will do is upgrade in this case and also put an add for this case on some local sites. If I get any interest and can make it an even trade for the value of the case i want then i will do it. Some of the wire management in the new cases if really nice.

Phad
ASUS P8-Z68-v PRO, INTEL 2600K @ 4.4 ghz, ZOTAC GTX-580, Lian Li Armour Suit PC-P80, OCZ GamerXStream 700W, Nuctua NH-D14, MUSHKIN 996995, 2TB Caviar Black, 1TB Caviar Black, 120GB Vertex 3, SAMSUNG 245T