Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2011, 03:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i will throw my hat in the ring for the sabertooth. i just bought one a few weeks ago, and love it. the profiles for the fans and everything make having high rpm fans bearable again. and that coating thing they put on there actually works every thing from vrms to north bridge run between 5-10 degrees cooler than my last board. plus the thing has like 6 or 7 fan headers so no need to worry about that.
Old September 6, 2011, 05:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman95 View Post
i will throw my hat in the ring for the sabertooth. i just bought one a few weeks ago, and love it. the profiles for the fans and everything make having high rpm fans bearable again. and that coating thing they put on there actually works every thing from vrms to north bridge run between 5-10 degrees cooler than my last board. plus the thing has like 6 or 7 fan headers so no need to worry about that.
I guess you don't mind the green? Could you upload a picture of the rig? Would be interested to see what it looks like assembled with other components.

That's 1 vote for the Sabertooth.

Anyone else?
Old September 6, 2011, 06:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgm View Post
Hmm.. so it's one of these 3. Can I have a vote?

[A] Crosshair $230 (love the capability, lots of novelties)
[b] Sabertooth $200 (terrible color... "military" grade I think is in large part a gimmick that's unnecessary)
[C] Evo M5A99X $162 (cost+ship) (afraid it will be a mid-level card by mid-next year)
You are getting off your own point. The question should not be about the board but about your budget. So:

A) If you can afford it, then go for it (8 fan headers)

B) Personally, I do like the color and the 5-year warranty (6 fan headers)

C) I actuallty do not like the color scheme (at least the PCB is black, which I like), but it is very functional, at the right price. (In my opinion) It definetly will not be a "mid-level" board any more then the Crosshair, it is not a video card (5 fan headers)

Unless you are doing heavy OCing then there is no point of getting anything higher then the M5A - spend the $70 on a new case or a better video card; if your budget is very flexible then why even ask, buy the top of the line and go for full SLi/Xfire boards like the Crosshair V.

Last edited by EmptyMellon; September 7, 2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: it it it
Old September 6, 2011, 07:23 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgm View Post
I guess you don't mind the green? Could you upload a picture of the rig? Would be interested to see what it looks like assembled with other components.

That's 1 vote for the Sabertooth.

Anyone else?
yea i will tomorrow to show the awesomeness , but its a little messy with cables right now
Old September 7, 2011, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
yea i will tomorrow to show the awesomeness , but its a little messy with cables right now
So where's the promised image? :)

I'm currently leaning towards the Sabertooth.
Old September 7, 2011, 08:58 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

OH S**T thats what i forgot to do today!!! i guess tomorrow then. f**k me in the a** and call me Jim.
Old September 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
...i guess tomorrow then. f**k me in the a** and call me Jim.
...No thanks, I shall pass, personally I am not into that kind of stuff...calling people Jim ooor George...now Bob maybe.
Old September 8, 2011, 05:19 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

so i took some quick pictures. there not the best ever but then again i was being lazy and didnt bother with my good flash or any editing. I just converted form raw to JPG. but if you cant see them or something just tell me and ill actually try this time.
Attached Images