Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
Rookie

Default New build!

Just finished building this beast the case is a Raven RV03, probably the best cable management I've ever done. What do you guys think? I will be adding an SSD soon I know.

Attached Images

Old August 30, 2011, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hello and welcome!
It's always interesting to see a build in an "unconventional" case. I'm not a fan of lighting (of any kind hehe - I put tape on my LEDs), but the cable management looks good - should make it easy to swap parts when needed. Don't forget to run stress tests!

I'm a PSU nut, so can you take a pic or give the model of the power supply?
Old August 30, 2011, 10:53 AM
Rookie

The PSU is an Antec High current Pro 850w 80+Gold :)

Also what tests would you like to see :P
Old August 30, 2011, 11:10 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice looking indeed.

I almost grabbed a RV03 but liked the HDD location in the RV02E much more. Also, do you know if they used their Air Penetrator fans on the bottom in the RV03?

Also, what monitor did you grab? I couldn't tell from the image listed.
Old August 30, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good choice on PSU (I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the explosive type )
Overclocking tools of the trade

I generally run memtest for a few hours, then one of OCCT, prime95, or IntelBurnTest once I get Windows running on a computer to make sure it is stable and to see if any of the components (or assembly) is causing problems. No reason to screenshot the tests (unless they go wrong), but it's good to run them so you can be relatively sure that you won't watch your computer freeze or crash due to hardware.

(I say this as one of my computers is running StressCPU2 to test a higher overclock for a certain competition...)
Old August 30, 2011, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVickery View Post
Very nice looking indeed.

I almost grabbed a RV03 but liked the HDD location in the RV02E much more. Also, do you know if they used their Air Penetrator fans on the bottom in the RV03?

Also, what monitor did you grab? I couldn't tell from the image listed.
Yes they are Air penetrators and the monitor is a 24" SyncMaster SA350 (I love it so much I got 2 more on the way :D!)
Old August 30, 2011, 11:42 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltez View Post
Yes they are Air penetrators and the monitor is a 24" SyncMaster SA350 (I love it so much I got 2 more on the way :D!)
Very nice! Eventually gonna upgrade my monitor and like to see what people get and how they like. This your first silverstone case? Liking it so far?
Old August 30, 2011, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVickery View Post
Very nice! Eventually gonna upgrade my monitor and like to see what people get and how they like. This your first silverstone case? Liking it so far?
Yes I love the case but gonna bring it back for a new one I think the back fan on the bottom is only running at 800rpm on high setting when it should be at 1200 or 1300 cant remember like the front one on high I dont know how to fix it and my 570's run a little hot because of it.
Old August 30, 2011, 03:10 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltez View Post
Yes I love the case but gonna bring it back for a new one I think the back fan on the bottom is only running at 800rpm on high setting when it should be at 1200 or 1300 cant remember like the front one on high I dont know how to fix it and my 570's run a little hot because of it.
Yah, I had some parts running hot but turned out minor stuff, the case itself cooled them down lots so figured it wasn't the case at that point.

Hope you get it sorted out man. Again, great looking build.