Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default A photographer's PC

Now at first glance of the thread title, some may say just get a MAC but I have a friend that approached me who is starting out her own photography company and wants to get a quote on a possible desktop to help her business.

She already has a Macbook and would like another system to store (and I would say possibly backup or mirror) her photo portfolio. Her budget is about $1000 for the box and monitor.

I have a general idea of what to get (lots of RAM lots of storage) but is there anything that is crucial for photography professionals that I need to include?

thanks in advance.
Old August 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Do you want her to be able to run graphical editing software such as photoshop or just have it sit as her back up machine for her photographs?
Old August 30, 2011, 09:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Do you want her to be able to run graphical editing software such as photoshop or just have it sit as her back up machine for her photographs?
Sorry I should have added this before, yes she would like to have some editing capabilities (ie. photoshop) with this machine.

in terms of where I purchase, I'm an NCIX buyer and have been for years although I've ordered from newegg from time to time if the price is right.

Last edited by ad5ter; August 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM.