Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question Build for under 600 USD?

EDIT: removed other system
EDIT: i will be using it for gaming like homefront and valve games also 3d rendering

Thank you!

EDIT: The above system i have ditched andy objections on this
I was playing around and got

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Transcend TS-RDP5K USB 2.0 Card Reader

After further playing around i found a good balance in what i wanted
I will go with outlet Graphics cards tho

Last edited by fireXtract; August 5, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old August 2, 2011, 11:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I wouldn't trust a lower end/tier power supply in any of my systems. Thats one thing you want to make sure is a quality product as if it goes or has dirty power it has the ability to knock out others parts in your system along with.

I take it you're build is in american funds, also to note that this will not be able to any gaming/video output as the P series Sandy Bridge boards do not use the onboard graphic unit in the SB chips.
Old August 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely get a different psu for your build. If you don't want to get a discrete video card then look at a Z68 series cboard for the onboard video if you want the 2500K cpu.

If you want the best onboard video then go with an AMD Llano based build...the integrated video on that setup is DirectX 11 capable, way better than the Intel HD integrated video right now.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thank you! Have you used the mobo before because that is another thing reviews were a bit stingy on...
Old August 2, 2011, 04:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

^ as said before, get a better psu. it will serve you better in the long run.

Also the AMD apus are the best right now for integrated graphics, may i suggest AMD A8-3850 APU Bundle w/ Asus F1A75-M PRO Motherboard at Memory Express Computers

I <3 c0mput3r5 !
Old August 2, 2011, 04:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I was just informed my budget is not even that high so what is a good budget build?
Old August 2, 2011, 05:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

probably an a6 apu with integrated graphics.

or you may look into this core i5 kit from newegg (link works i checked)-->Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! but once again i would suggest a better psu if your budget permits

xD

I <3 c0mput3r5 !
Old August 2, 2011, 07:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Went to Newegg.com as that is where you linked from the first time.

My laptop screen isn't big enough to fit the whole shopping cart in one screen shot so I had to take two shots for you.

For what I through together its about $491 US before shipping and any applicable taxes. You might be able to shave a few more dollars off he and there. These parts also give you the ability to expand down the road...adding a discrete video card, more ram and so on.

Note...this does not include mouse, monitor and keyboard as I am not sure whether you need any of that or not. If you do, it makes it even more difficult to fit a budget that tight.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 4, 2011, 09:25 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Went to Newegg.com as that is where you linked from the first time.

My laptop screen isn't big enough to fit the whole shopping cart in one screen shot so I had to take two shots for you.

For what I through together its about $491 US before shipping and any applicable taxes. You might be able to shave a few more dollars off he and there. These parts also give you the ability to expand down the road...adding a discrete video card, more ram and so on.

Note...this does not include mouse, monitor and keyboard as I am not sure whether you need any of that or not. If you do, it makes it even more difficult to fit a budget that tight.
Umm i cant read those images idk if its just me but could you please post the parts?
Old August 4, 2011, 09:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p86aaron View Post
probably an a6 apu with integrated graphics.

or you may look into this core i5 kit from newegg (link works i checked)-->Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! but once again i would suggest a better psu if your budget permits

xD
thank you and what case do you suggest?

Tags
asus p8p67 le , build , i5-2500k , sandy bridge