Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Default New build - Gaming - Flexible budget [Help]

Hi guys,

I am embarking on a new adventure... I am gonna slowly build a mid/high-range Gaming PC and I want to get some advice as to where to start.

About the budget... well it is flexible in the sense that i will purchase the parts on different months so im not that worried about building a 700+ Eur PC in the end, just keep in mind that my limit per piece would be like 250-350 Eur (that being the CPU probably...)

I would need info mainly on motherboard, CPU, and graphics card since i am kind of a newbie when it comes to what is good for my purpose.

Im located in germany so im using the following site to get down the stuff: ALTERNATE

I think im gonna get this case:
Chaser MK-I

but is not completely decided, so if you have something that you consider better go ahead and post it. Thanks in advance for your help :D
Old June 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not looked.. but a friend of mine used to use a German site to buy parts from.. hardwareversand.de always shop around, it will save you money..

First piece of advice I'll give for the build... wait till you have a full budget and then buy and build..
Instead of buying a part every month... put 200 yoyo's away and when you have 800-1000 come again and ask..

The main reason for this is parts always get cheaper and / or new stuff is always coming out..
By x-mass you could have 1200-1500 euro, and there is new stuff on the way.. you'll be rocking a sweet rig if you save..
If you don't and buy parts month by month... you'll have a good machine.. but not as good as you could have had..

Also let people know what resolution and the kind of games you will be playing.. It will help determine the kind of power you will need
Old June 26, 2011, 05:36 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion, it does makes sense :D

I am not a hardcore gamer, but a friend of mine is leaving and he is going to leave his collection of games behind which include, Assassins Creed series, Starcraft series, Crisis series, Portal, F.E.A.R., Call of Duty MW Series and so on... they are more games but you get the idea.

Concerning resolutions, I am not sure but i am crazy to throw away my 1024x768 screen, and Im planning to get a wide screen for movies as well, so yeah i would say the machine should support the games at min 1600x900...