Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   Need input :) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/43481-need-input.html)

Cornholio May 22, 2011 04:47 AM

Need input :)

Ok, first time build, having the store put it together, too scared because components here in Spain are expensive.
Will be gaming at 1280x1024 for at least 6 more months, then I will move on to HD.
Will be used for gaming, light design, office
1200-1220
I like Intel and Nvidia, because in the future I will be doing 3D vision, and I don't have time to deal with AMDs crap drivers.
For hard drive I've always used seagate for , but i dont care too much.
Plan on building it between the next 20-30 days, most likely going to do a MILD overclock, more in the future
Presupuesto a medida. PcComponentes.com
Tell me what you think :)
BTW: will that 480 run cool?

Cornholio May 22, 2011 04:51 AM

Oh and I wouldn't care TOO much if you suggested an AMD CARD, but again, I like Nvidia, and the store I'm buying from doesn't have too much AMD radeon in it...

fishingfanatic May 22, 2011 05:54 AM

New Build

Well I'll take a stab at it, but because I don't know what's available 2 u, simply make suggestions as if u were next door

I would look at the Samsung F3 and WD Black ed. HDDs The new 6gb/s drives really r a lot faster. Consider getting a SSD 4 an OS, possibly later.

I would look at getting a smaller HDD 4 now as an OS, and keep the other for storage and backup.

Look at the Noctua cpu coolers, as they generally outperform most others at cost/performance and are reasonably priced.
The GTX 480 in the HAF X will b fine. Make use of the gpu shroud and install a healthy cfm fan. Make certain to check the noise rating, as some I've tried sounded like a jet engine. Anywhere below 20 db is pretty good.

I had a 90 cfm fan behind mine and even after an hour of Prime 95, I could touch the tubing. Nice and cool.

Switch your psu for a modular 1. The HX series r pretty good and your psu is a very important core component.
Don't know much about the Sony DVD RW, LG r pretty good though.

It looks like a good system, but look at the 2500K. A bit less $ and still overclocks quite well.

Enjoy the new system and welcome 2 HWC!
:biggrin::thumb::clap:

PerryC May 22, 2011 06:13 AM

Like fishingfanatic said look at the 2500k... Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155 BX80623I52500K listed for 184 Euro including VAT. Not much of a price difference for you, but in my mind the little bit of performance boost is not worth the 43 Euro.

Do you have your heart set on the HAF-X? I personally like the HAF 912. Bit smaller, and isn't painted black on the inside, other than that its a decent case. I couldn't find the HAF 912 on the website where you are getting your pc built, but I did find these looking quickly:

Cooler Master Dominator CM-690 II Lite RC-692-KKN3 Caja/Torre listed for 70 Euro including VAT.

Lian Li LanCool PC-K60 Negra PC-K60 Caja/Torre listed for 66 Euro including VAT.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus RC-912P Caja/Torre listed for 72 Euro including VAT.

I think anyone of those cases would be fine for what you are looking for, plus save you a few Euro at the same time. I will let other more knowldegable people here comment on the other parts of your build.

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it and welcome aboard :biggrin:

Cornholio May 22, 2011 06:31 AM

Set on the HAF X because I need to cool that 480 >:S

By the way, the drive I am buying is sata 6gb/s, also known as SATA 3 ;)

Keeping the i7-2600k for future proofing. I want HT because I am going to fold, etc...

fishingfanatic May 22, 2011 06:46 AM

New Build

The reasons I got the HAF X was 4 cooling, usb3 and sata3. The swappable HDD bays are a nice extra.

Whatever u decide, 1 thing is certain. It's going 2 b an awesome system 4 u. As long as ur using quality components 4 your build it should really perform 4 u.

So good luck with the build and resulting system. Let us know how it works out.

It would b nice 2 get that thing folding 4 HWC!
:thumb::biggrin:

Cornholio May 22, 2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingfanatic (Post 516981)
The reasons I got the HAF X was 4 cooling, usb3 and sata3. The swappable HDD bays are a nice extra.

Whatever u decide, 1 thing is certain. It's going 2 b an awesome system 4 u. As long as ur using quality components 4 your build it should really perform 4 u.

So good luck with the build and resulting system. Let us know how it works out.

It would b nice 2 get that thing folding 4 HWC!
:thumb::biggrin:

Thanks. Should be getting it this week :)