Hi guys. I have been wanting to get a new pc for a while now, so I did some research and wanted the opinion of people who know more about these things. Okey so here we go...
1. It will mostly be used for gaming, other than than just casual stuff like browsing the Internet and so on.
2. My budget is around 800-900 euros. That includes windows 7 64 bit retail.
3.I live in Europe, in Estonia, so all my parts will be bought locally, from a web retailer. Itīs the best price I could find.
4. Iīm not a fanboy of any particular brand.
5. I donīt intend on using any of my current parts, except the monitor.
6. I did some research in order to try and put together a first build, and it lead me here to this forum, to you guys. To get your thoughts on it.
7. I donīt plan on overclocking anything.
8. I would like to get it build within a month or so.
9. I will be using 1920x1080.
Okey. This is what I put together. My main concern is if all the parts will match and work well together. I would also like to have you opinion on which mobo I should get and how big of a PSU I need. My future rig is going to use 1 video card, but I might get another in crossfire later. Also if I need extra cooling for the case and so on, in the form on letīs say 2 120mm fans. If you guys have any other things to point out, I would gladly listen. Mobo: ASUSP8P67 or Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / Chip Z68 / 2 ch CPU:Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked Processor PSU: CORSAIR PSU 600W 12CM ATX12V2.2 80+ CMPSU-600CXEU HDD: WD HDD SATA 500GB 7200RPM 6GB/S/32MB WD5002AALX WDC RAM :DDR3 2X2GB 1600MHZ CL8 DIMM CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 GPU: 6950 xfx 1gb CASE: HAF 912 DVD: LITE-ON DVD-/+R/RW/-RAM12X (-/+R24X)/W/LS BLACK IHAS224-19 LITEON OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit/ 64-bit ENG DVD Retail GFC-00025 Okey, thatīs what I put together. Hope you can give me some feedback, or point out any flaws. Thanks in advance. :)
If you could go for a full sized ATX board it would be better if you are planning to do a Crossfire in the future. Having a single slot spacing between your GPUs will help your first GPU to intake cold air better and have lower temps.
I'm not too sure about your pricing but I looked throught Newegg and the ones that are similar in price to the Gigabyte Z68 that you listed and a full sized ATX board is the MSI P67A-C43. Other than that your build looks great.