Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris_37 View Post
cool like mine. except i got hx650, a gtx 480 a much uglier case and no water cooling.

I however have been issues out the rear end. First my video card had a cracked fan(on delivery), took me forever to get an rma because the box wasn't damaged(i should have lied). Then had to wait for rma of power supply due to coil whine. THEN now i am getting driver crashes on it and zotac says its asus's fault, asus says it's zotacs fault and gskill says they have no idea wtf is going on... lol

Looks good though, much better cable management then i have done. I don't have a backplate to hide stuff behind too. Although it's no excuse my cable management was always embarrassing.
Boris, i pretty much priced matched everything I purchased from Memory Express. The case they were sticky on as i found out the 600T was low supplied or limited quantities at Direct Canada. The rule i guess with MemExpress was that they will not price match limited quantity stuff found on Canadian websites. It was only a $20 difference but *shrugs* they were nice about it.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah mem express is good about price matching now. A few years ago they wouldnt do it
Old May 11, 2011, 07:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Yeah mem express is good about price matching now. A few years ago they wouldnt do it
That's why i never used to even consider them and would go to NCIX.

Now however it's a PITA to bother with ncix as locally i can drive over to memory express dalhousie since they are so close, bam it's done. Not to mention the prices are the same IF they carry the product.

It was like a fist fight with NCIX to get my RMA, even though i paid for express RMA. Then this mobo failure, or video card(unknown at this time) isn't covered because the first RMA took so freaking long. Makes me regret ever going to NCIX as it's been over a month, i've barely used my PC and both manufacturers claim innocence. sigh.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:50 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yah I shop at the Dalhousie location as well. I buy things there when they have what I want, however that is rare and I usually shop NCIX anyway. Selection is 100x better.
Old May 11, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep go with the second 560 and also a SSD when you got some extra cash laying around.

Old May 11, 2011, 10:00 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Yep go with the second 560 and also a SSD when you got some extra cash laying around.
*Reaches into ipaine's wallet* and "Hey! I have some extra cash which I found laying around!"
Old May 11, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmaboy View Post
*Reaches into ipaine's wallet* and "Hey! I have some extra cash which I found laying around!"
That's the last time I leave my wallet laying around the office!!