Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 03:19 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 44

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
Guys, even with price match NCIX is still way too expensive. An i5 and a 6950 can't fit within my budget.
Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB 1X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory Module
$39.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $37.99, source url: Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB 1X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory Module - DirectCanada
$37.99

Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound
$52.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $49.50, source url: Buy COOLERMASTER [RC-912-KKN1] Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound
Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
$49.50

BenQ G2222HDH Black 21.5IN Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5ms 40000:1DC VGA HDMI *IR-$25*
$129.99

Antec High Current Gamer 520W 40A 24PIN ATX12V V2.3 Active PFC 80 Plus Bronze Power S *IR-$30*
$59.99

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI 2x Mini DisplayPort Video Card
$239.99

NCIX OC Bundle Deal MSI P67A-GD65 P67 SLI CrossFireX Motherboard & Intel 2500K Unlocked Processor
$379.99

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM
$39.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $37.99, source url: HLTechnology.com - Buy Best Price Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive in Canada - For Sale
$37.99

Total BEFORE Price Match$942.93
YOUR TOTAL $935.44 -$20 MIR = 915.44 + tax


OR

switch to:
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card
$154.99


Total BEFORE Price Match$857.93
YOUR TOTAL $850.44 - $20 MIR = $830.44 + tax
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 03:22 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 44

My System Specs

Default

Feel free to pick that apart... just threw it together in 10 min :P
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 03:28 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayerdave View Post
Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB 1X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory Module
$39.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $37.99, source url: Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB 1X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory Module - DirectCanada
$37.99

Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound
$52.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $49.50, source url: Buy COOLERMASTER [RC-912-KKN1] Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound
Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
$49.50

BenQ G2222HDH Black 21.5IN Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5ms 40000:1DC VGA HDMI *IR-$25*
$129.99

Antec High Current Gamer 520W 40A 24PIN ATX12V V2.3 Active PFC 80 Plus Bronze Power S *IR-$30*
$59.99

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI 2x Mini DisplayPort Video Card
$239.99

NCIX OC Bundle Deal MSI P67A-GD65 P67 SLI CrossFireX Motherboard & Intel 2500K Unlocked Processor
$379.99

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM
$39.99 Price Match request for the above item
Competitor's price: $37.99, source url: HLTechnology.com - Buy Best Price Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive in Canada - For Sale
$37.99

Total BEFORE Price Match$942.93
YOUR TOTAL $935.44 -$20 MIR = 915.44 + tax


OR

switch to:
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card
$154.99


Total BEFORE Price Match$857.93
YOUR TOTAL $850.44 - $20 MIR = $830.44 + tax

This is what I got:

Shipping & Handling: $47.90 Shipping Insurance: $13.63 Electronics Recycling Fee : $11.50 -------------------------------------------------------------------- Subtotal: $970.48 No PST - Outside BC residents: $0.00 HST(15%): $145.57 YOUR TOTAL: CAD $1,116.05
And that's without the memory or DVD writer.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 03:32 PM
b1lk1's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
Posts: 2,522

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
Well the i3 seems to beat any Phenom II x4 in gaming. And it's cheaper.
Beat it by an insignificant amount and no, they are not cheaper. I paid $300 at CanadaComputers for my motherboard, CPU and ram with taxes less than 2 months ago with the ram and CPU being on sale at the time. My motherboard even has SATA6 and USB 3.0 ports to boot.
__________________
MY HEATWARE
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 03:37 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Beat it by an insignificant amount and no, they are not cheaper. I paid $300 at CanadaComputers for my motherboard, CPU and ram with taxes less than 2 months ago with the ram and CPU being on sale at the time.

i3-2100 $119

MSI P67-C43 $119

And I wouldn't get the dual core and try to unlock, because what if I couldn't?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 04:30 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

whatever you do, try the intel route.
if possible 2500k,if not a lesser sb quad. like i said, go on integrated lol before next paycheck, the wait will
be worth it.
i know you can do it.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
whatever you do, try the intel route.
if possible 2500k,if not a lesser sb quad. like i said, go on integrated lol before next paycheck, the wait will
be worth it.
i know you can do it.
Well I'd rather go with an i3/Phenom 955 and a 6870, because I don't have a paycheck (I'm 14 years old).
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 05:22 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

i3 be it then. this way youll be able to drop a 2500k later on...

although the difference is less than 100 bucks you know...:)

read this : Core i3-2120 and Core i3-2100 Processors Review - X-bit labs

and this : Contemporary Graphics Cards in Crysis 2 - X-bit labs

and then look here too : AMD Radeon HD 6950 1 GB Review - Page 1/26 | techPowerUp
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old April 27, 2011, 05:42 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks everyone for your help
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old April 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
punk_zappa's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Yellowknife
Posts: 965
Default

If you are still considering AMD go with a quad rather than hoping to unlock.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget Gaming build around 1000$ SSMiKe06 New Builds 19 May 9, 2010 10:50 PM
$1000 Budget [gaming] Miek New Builds 6 November 17, 2009 03:36 PM
1000$ Budget Build Snoopy484 New Builds 13 June 1, 2009 07:55 PM
New build 1000 dollar budget. MrBear09 New Builds 24 November 17, 2008 11:58 AM
Custom High-end gaming computer (New Help)Budget $850-1000 pickedup New Builds 7 November 15, 2008 02:25 PM