LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Look at this guy computer, might give you good idea
FS/FT: HTPC/Gaming PC - SOLD
Old April 23, 2011, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the amazing help and all the suggestions!

I went ahead and put the following items on hold over the phone at NCIX:
http://ericakaoka.com/screenshots/99e0ea77.png

I splurged for the SG07 (thanks Keltron), and got the 560 ti over the Radeon because they were out of stock on the latter :P Gonna pick everything up and build it tonight! I'm very excited; thanks again so much for all your input, especially to BrutalGreen for the straightforward item list and pricematching links!
Old April 23, 2011, 03:49 PM
MVP

for the SG07 you could save about 10$ pricematching this: Silverstone SG07 @ $188.98, if you havn't already placed your order.

Personally I much rather the design of the 05 with the fan in front, and since 450W is enough for that rig imo saving 100$ is worth it! Although if the 07 is your cup of tea and you don't mind the extra cash, its a very good case!

As for the 560ti, you wont be disappointed!

good luck with the build, and welcome aboard!

Last edited by BrutalGreen; May 23, 2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old April 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

this is the only picture I could find but I have been happy with the SUGO case. It is small and hard to work on but all the sides completely disassemble and I would use it again. About the size of 3 reams of paper stacked together. One note is that it requires a slimline DVD player and I wanted a slot DVD so it seemed like my only choice was a Sony. If you get one, you need the below cable (newegg product code) since neither the case or the DVD drive have it included.
Also I would get a 2.5 inch HD and you can eliminate the 3.5 inch cage that hold the drive and dangles below the DVD drive in the below picture out of the build. Also you might need a bigger PSU if you put a video card in. I didn't since these were just office computers and i used the onboard graphics of an i3-540 chip.

Case - Silverstone Sugo SG06B w 300 PSU $110.00
DVD - Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 slot feed $53.00
Slimline SATA Cable Adapter N82E16812200374 $11.11
Attached Images

Old April 23, 2011, 08:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

if you want intel with no overclocking the id say a an i5-2500 with a m-atx h67 mobo. then for the gpu either an amd 6850 or nvidia 460 (there both very close in performance so just pick the one you think looks the best) for the psu get an all modular 500wat like a corsair or sesonic. then a wd 1tb black drive because those 5400 rpm ones will slow you down but you can use the for storage if you want. for ram just some 1333 mhz whatever brand stuff like corsair xms or something. then through it all in a silver stone case. hope this helps
Old April 24, 2011, 10:53 AM
Rookie

Update: My new rig is up and running! I'm blown away by the performance; I don't think I've ever run current games at full settings without dipping below 60fps before :)

One snag I hit: the Scythe Big Shuriken cpu cooling fan DOES NOT fit alongside the graphics card on a mini ITX mobo. It was just comically large; it overlapped the PCIe slot by like 2 inches. I'm sticking with the stock cooling for now; I don't think it'll be a problem.

Other than that, things are awesome! My 5400 RPM hard drive is definitely the bottleneck; maybe in a few months I'll pop in an SSD. :)

Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Old April 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
MVP

oh wow, I'm sry I feel guilty for your problem with the cooler! now that I look back at the placement of the socket on that board it just seems obvious:

in my head I was, for some reason, thinking all m-itx boards had this layout:

(you know a standard like ATX)

anyways, I'm sorry...try returning it to NCIX, from personal experience you can even talk them into refunding the shipping and handling.

good luck mate, and enjoy the new rig!
Old April 24, 2011, 03:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Shitty deals on the cooler situation man, but I'm glad you got the rig up and running! Any chance of gettin some pics up???
Old April 25, 2011, 04:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So after doing some looking around, along with some rough guesstimation, I believe that these heatsinks could possibly fit on your mobo without interfering with the GPU:

1) Cooler Master Vortex Plus

2) Arctic Cooling ACALP64

Dont jump the gun on these yet however, as all i did was a rough eyeballing of the socket placement and cooler size. if you can find anyone else who used this mobo, see what coolers they used to get more info.
Old April 27, 2011, 09:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice, now I want pic... :D