Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Provided all of your HW is seated / installed correctly, I would:
1. Reinstall OS and see if that corrects the problem...if not (run Memtest)
2. Try a different set of RAM sticks or one RAM stick, if the problem persists..
3. Remove HW from the Case and test on a an open bench, if problem persists...
4. Remove CPU and check for bent pins

Old April 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

the page_fault_in_a_non-paged_area bluescreen came up again... so reinstalling the graphics drivers didn't work...

today as well as yesterday the bluescreens came when the desktop had just finished being loaded up on the screen...

I dont plan on touching the components of my system until I have had Bestbyte look at it, they built it with the components I mistakenly chose, they can fix it... If I have to buy more new parts then so be it, I just want a working computer that will last...!

I should have gone with HP, would have only had to replace the pitifully weak 300w powersupply...
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 (4x 2GB) Kingston Value Ram KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
GRAPHICS: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E
HARD DRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s 500GB (Model ST3500413AS)
DVDRW Drive: Samsung SH-S223L/RSBS DVDRW 22X SATA Lightscribe Retail
CASE: Cooler Master RC-P100 (USP 100) Black/Red
POWER SUPPLY: Antec Truepower New 650 - TP-650
Old April 17, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I should have gone with HP, would have only had to replace the pitifully weak 300w powersupply...
Actually you should have built it yourself!!!....then you COULD troubleshoot and fix accordingly, honestly I wouldn't let any outside folks buils=d a PC for me, it surely sounds like a RAM issue to me....! 2 x 2GB new sticks $89 likely solve your issues...maybe ;)

Old April 17, 2011, 10:25 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Actually you should have built it yourself!!!....then you COULD troubleshoot and fix accordingly, honestly I wouldn't let any outside folks buils=d a PC for me, it surely sounds like a RAM issue to me....! 2 x 2GB new sticks $89 likely solve your issues...maybe ;)
possibly, if things check out after testing I plan on adding another 4 gb of ram to the system anyways from the list in the manual... thing is the system clears the bootup screen no issues beeps or anything its just windows during startup to desktop during the first boot of the day, it is so weird.
Old April 17, 2011, 10:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
possibly, if things check out after testing I plan on adding another 4 gb of ram to the system anyways from the list in the manual... thing is the system clears the bootup screen no issues beeps or anything its just windows during startup to desktop during the first boot of the day, it is so weird.
Doesn't mean "jack" if you clear "boot-up" with no issues, you're getting BSOD's after boot up with no Overclock applied, I would 1st look at testing my Rig with another set of RAM, or if you get to Windows without any issues run Memtest for a few Cycles and see if you BSOD during the run..

Old April 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Doesn't mean "jack" if you clear "boot-up" with no issues, you're getting BSOD's after boot up with no Overclock applied, I would 1st look at testing my Rig with another set of RAM, or if you get to Windows without any issues run Memtest for a few Cycles and see if you BSOD during the run..
that's what i am going to have them do, as well as test the power supply to make sure its getting the right amount of juice where its supposed to go. I will have them look at the cpu as well...
Old April 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Your PSU is fine....your drawing fvck all just booting into windows....likely RAM or they bent your Mobo Pins when installing your CPU...

HINT: good time to "dive in"....buy another set of 6GB RAM and unistall your old sticks and install your new sticks and test (if your new RAM proves "problem free, simply go back to your builders and tell em the RAM was no good)....did you try a re-install of the OS yet?

Old April 17, 2011, 10:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Your PSU is fine....your drawing fvck all just booting into windows....likely RAM or they bent your Mobo Pins when installing your CPU...
That was on my list of things to make them do... Prime 95 64-bit gives the following error for core 1 during testing:

[Mon Apr 18 00:03:35 2011]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

this is only on core #1, I have never let it run overnight, I stopped it after 20 min.

However I cannot easily accept this as a problem with the processor since it could also be due to the cpu not being on the list of cpus that work with my motherboard, so some incompatibility could exist...

anyhow the program does not make a stress.txt so i cannot consult it...

any other cpu testing programs that can be recommended? I want to see if something else can give an error.
Old April 17, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

....its likely your RAM...read carefully my last post...don't bother testing your CPU (P95 / LinX) before you fully test your RAM (Memtest 86)...run Memtest 1st and foremost, but if your BSOD'ing shortly after booting into Windows I'm pretty sure your RAM is your culprit.....you still didn't answer the previous 2 questions I asked ??!!.....did you run Memtest 86 or did you try a clean install of W7????....a 4GB kit of RAM is cheap cheap...likely half as much as to have your local computer geek store do the same tests for ya..

Old April 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
HINT: good time to "dive in"....buy another set of 6GB RAM and unistall your old sticks and install your new sticks and test (if your new RAM proves "problem free, simply go back to your builders and tell em the RAM was no good)....did you try a re-install of the OS yet?

Last time I tried to RE-install windows on this thing it gave me errors and wouldn't install... I had bestbyte do it and I have been very cautious of doing some thing that can mess up the current (yet sometimes bluescreen causing) install...

If i can avoid another reinstall I will. besides these bluescreens this thing is as stable as any other computer as long as I don't shut it down...

also another observation, with my HD6850 drivers installed I nolonger have access to hibernation as a start menu option, only sleep mode which behaves much like hibernation except power is not entirely shut off (and the power light on the front of the case blinks on and off slowly...)...

I'll have it run memtest overnight this time and see what it comes up with... so boot cd ver or windows ver? i have both.

Tags
build , comp , system , temp , temperature