Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2011, 12:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

NCIX ftw. Cross-shipping on RMA items is awesome!
Old April 5, 2011, 01:28 AM
Trial Member

I've long dealt with NCIX primarily because of their price match policy. But I'm wondering how NCIX deals with price matches involving rebates (newegg has a LOT of rebates...) I don't imagine there's any problem price matching if both NCIX and the competing store have the same rebate in effect but if not, do they generally deny it?
Old April 5, 2011, 05:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ya, if there's a rebate, I would presume they will deny it... can't see a reason for them to PM that sort of price difference.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFish View Post
I try not to order from Egg because they always send stuff to me via Puro when they do free shipping, and the Puro guy never knocks on the door. He just leaves a note saying he was here and I wasn't.

I like NCIX since they'll price match places Memory Express won't. Memory Express has this thing about the store being a local competitor. NCIX will PM places in Ontario even if you're in BC.
Haha, PM with memory express is an annoying process... they will price-match any "canadian" e-tailer or store... The will price BEAT local stores. BUT, they don't offer any easy PM option for online sales and they always seem to get annoyed when you bring up the word "price match."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Ya, if there's a rebate, I would presume they will deny it... can't see a reason for them to PM that sort of price difference.
You cannot price match a MIR, you cannot have free gifts with your order when you price match, you cannot PM combos... I think that sums it up.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:48 AM
Allstar

Honestly I don't like the web interface of NCIX, NewEgg is a lot better when you want to find something, let say, you want a motherboard with 6 sata 2 pcie and 2 nics, ,,,well with NewEgg it's simple to find one. Their price are better than NCIX, without hassle with PM, but they have less stock. Now the shipping, Since few month only very few item are carry by the Ontario Warehouse, mainly everything ( for me ) came from NJ , but sometime it came from CA, you can see it on your shoping cart. And since I leave in remote area, NCIX don'T offer free shipping to me, NewEgg do it.

EDIT : One thing, do not buy HardDrive from NewEggs, they wrap them loosly in bubble, and they do not put tape on the wraping, so the drive get loose in the shipping, I have a lot of RMA with my WD drives from them, and no one with the one purchase localy, So I don'T order drvie from the anymore.

Last edited by botat29; April 5, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old April 5, 2011, 08:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Either or are good, I shop at both. Mainly I'll use price matching with ncix but my orders from them lately have been a little sluggish. I'll usually order parts from newegg that ncix doesn't carry and such. As to the post above, I've gotten quite a few hard drives from newegg in the bubble wrap but still am yet to try them, hope there not all DOA.
Old April 5, 2011, 08:23 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Im sticking with the Egg for now. I've received orders at my door from Newegg in the time it takes NCIX to process my order. RMA process is far faster too. I'll pay a couple dollars difference on individual parts to get them when i want to have them. For system building ill stick with NCIX (for the time being) because PM'ing can still save a hundred or more... at least until Newegg starts PMing.
Old April 7, 2011, 09:21 PM
Rookie

My answer is wherever is cheaper. Newegg seems to generally have graphics cards a lot cheaper, pretty much on par with their US prices.
Old April 8, 2011, 04:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile PC Builders and Tweakers Corner

Another vote for pricematching from NCIX. As another member said, the pocketbook dictates my final decisions.