Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2011, 10:28 AM
MVP

My System Specs

egg>ncix

ncix have better weekly deals tho

Last edited by mkultra; April 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old April 3, 2011, 02:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I prefer NCIX since I can go to the store myself to pickup something I want quick.

Newegg does seem to process and ship products quicker though if we're comparing shipping.
In terms of pricing, doesn't matter too much since NCIX has a great PM policy, so I always get the lowest price I am looking for anyway.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I personally haven't bought from new egg but my brother has and he got a doa video card and ram and apparently it was a nightmare to get the stuff replaced

SteelSeries 6Gv2 // SteelSeries Kana White // Steelseries Siberiasv2 White // BenQ XL2410T // Samsung 2233rz
Old April 3, 2011, 04:12 PM
MVP
F@H

I try not to order from Egg because they always send stuff to me via Puro when they do free shipping, and the Puro guy never knocks on the door. He just leaves a note saying he was here and I wasn't.

I like NCIX since they'll price match places Memory Express won't. Memory Express has this thing about the store being a local competitor. NCIX will PM places in Ontario even if you're in BC.
Old April 4, 2011, 09:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The shipping method (CP, Purolator, UPS, etc), and it's results are going to vary from place to place, based on your local courier. Where i'm at - everything sucks except for Canada Post.

I use both to purchase from.
Lately I use Newegg for most of my purchases, unless NCIX has an actual good deal on something i'm looking for.

NCIX weekly sales are a joke, you can usually pricematch cheaper than most of their sales. Newegg has decent sales page too, but has the benefit of free shipping on many items quite often. Beats having to save points and be limited to how much weight they assign to things (2lb for a 3' HDMI cable? really?). Neweggs shell shocker deals are about equal to NCIX's daily deals (when NCIX has them).. but Newegg wins, due to having them twice a day and with free shipping quite often.

For me, NCIX shipping is hit and miss. Depending on what I order, and trying to determine which warehouse has which item.. I could get the item in 4-5 days, or it could take more than two weeks. Newegg has consistantly delivered in 4-5 days.
If I want the item *now* - it goes to Newegg or another distributor, if I don't care how long it takes I'll order from NCIX.

Customer service is the same at both places. I've seen it both terribly bad, and really good at both places. It all depends on who you're dealing with.

I could care less that NCIX is a Canadian company. I wouldn't pay more or go through a hassle for a corporation just because of where they are located. It's still big business any way you cut it.. and all the fanboys give me a good laugh on the forums when i'm at work.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 4, 2011, 10:45 AM
Top Prospect

I've purchased lots of stuff through NCIX and Newegg and use Memory Express too. I really have no complaints about either...I usually just order through who will be cheapest (depending on sales, shipping costs, etc...).

Most recently, I had to send back a DOA set of G.Skill RAM to newegg. I've been quite lucky with my stuff as this is the first time I've had to send anything back. In short the RMA process was quite smooth. Just follow the directions they send you in the e-mail and just ship it back. For me, I had to send the package to Mississauga, so the shipping was quick as it didn't have to cross the border. I think the RMA process only took just a few days from when I shipped the package to when the refund was back on my credit card.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I would recommend directcanada.com I bought 8 ripjaws ddr3 kit from them. And they were quick to send them to me. And the prices on a lot of stuff beat Newegg and NCIX. I also live in NS.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:30 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern88 View Post
I would recommend directcanada.com I bought 8 ripjaws ddr3 kit from them. And they were quick to send them to me. And the prices on a lot of stuff beat Newegg and NCIX. I also live in NS.
I've ordered from them too and was quite pleased with the ordering process too. I can't comment on the customer service though as I've never had to return anything.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This question has a very simple formula:

NCIX = price-matching = win

It really is that simple.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I use NCIX for everything unless it is a product they dont have. PM NE and DC. Newegg has a bit of a different selection.