Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
Banned
F@H

depends what you order. the egg carries some stuff in its ca warehouse, but probably 80% or more of all stock is in the states.
Old April 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
use ncix (or its sister companies) or newegg is fine...

maybe you can try memories express locally... Store Locations
I haven't tried memory express in Edmonton yet, but their prices are a little bit higher than either online retailer.
Old April 2, 2011, 12:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCanada View Post
I haven't tried memory express in Edmonton yet, but their prices are a little bit higher than either online retailer.
mem express will usually match if its an item they carry in stock

make sure they dont sneak any plans on you though
Old April 2, 2011, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

just add... if you use PM at ME store and you will get 5% cheaper less too... look at this Lowest Price Guarantee in Canada at Memory Express
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old April 2, 2011, 02:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

For the last 4 years; I've gotten 95% of my components from memory express, they may be a bit higher than some, but I've always gotten their IPR warranty-it's saved my butt on numerous occasions.

Their IPR warranty replaced all my components (in my 1st build, because of a catastrophic failure); which killed everything but the PSU, they replaced everything-no questions asked.

Plus; If the component is no longer available, they will upgrade the component to the next level up (went from a 1st gen. Phenom 9600 to a 9950-which, at the time, was the top CPU).

Homer J. Simpson
Old April 2, 2011, 03:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Newegg vs NCIX vs MemoryExpres

Well, I do my business from the Red Deer, Alberta and do prefere to support Canadian business , but:

1. Newegg
- Delivery times are consistent especially after they started using Purolator, don't waste your time on UPS, I have poor exiperience with their shipping methods and times. Having asked around, people in shipping/receiveing prefer Purolator.
When it comes to shipping location, most items are shipping from L.A. (City of Industry, CA), while some items will be shipped from New Jersey, like a DVD for an Operating System.

- Prices are decent, sometimes even a lot cheaper then NCIX, but NCIX has "PriceMatch".

- (limited experience) Customer Service is decent. A few firm yet professional e-mails later they exchanged part of the order that was damaged including the eventual return-shipping cost charge. They were actually willing to exchange everything, however I only did the item that was in question.

2. NCIX
- Deliver times are decent yet inconsistent. Sometimes I get my order in less then 24 hours other times I had to inquire through Customer Service. Always used Purolator, never had problems, with my order being damaged in any way.

- Prices are sometimes stupidly high, but nothing to sweat since they have PriceMatch - so far my PM has never been turned down.

- (decent experice) Customer Service is good. In my experice NCIX's CS has always been curtious and quick to address my inquiries, even provided me with an after order PM due to a late-shipping order, compard to a Newegg price.

3. MemoryExpress (limited experience, have not used their online services in a year)
- Delivery times are poor, especially compared to NCIX since they are 1,000 km further and their orders got to me quicker then ME's. Also, due to their past shipping practices I no longer order online, only go to their brick-n-mortar locations. I am not willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to have my order shipped by the lazy-ass CanadaPost who are too dumb let me know that they don't "deliver" to certain locations, so then it just sits there in post office in flipping Penhold, AB - never mind that I did not specify CanadaPost as the shipper, but ME decided to ship it with them anyway.

- Prices are wee bit high compared to Newegg, I don't know if they have an online price-matching feature like NCIX, but they did offer free shipping above $50 CDN in the past - I think now it is more.

- Customer Service is helpfull when contacted either by e-mail or the phone and from my experience easy to get hold of.

Last edited by EmptyMellon; April 2, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old April 2, 2011, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Personally I go through NCIX for large orders, since you can often get free shipping on the entire order and then price match everything. Newegg I have used a couple times. First time was a great shell shocker deal with free shipping and second time they had the best deal on a part when I needed it immediately and couldn't wait for a sale. In my experience NCIX was excellent the first big order, but the last 2 orders they have been slow getting everything out the door (seem to always get a part that is "transferring stock" for a week). Newegg was easy and quick with both my orders (they were 1 part per order thought and NCIX orders were 7-8 items). All that said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either (just thought I would share my experiences).
Old April 2, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Buy from NCIX and price match. That's what I do now. I usually get faster shipping than egg (the only time I buy egg is when they have free shipping & better price or only one with stock) and I've had no problems with customer support of NCIX.
Old April 3, 2011, 06:43 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I personally prefer NCIX as I've had good experiences across the board and the customer support has been excellent. Having said that I've also used Newegg.ca and have absolutely no complaints. I can't see you having a problem either way.

I also enjoy many of the Videos provide by Linus and NCIX as they are informative and generally very well done.

I'm not 100% sure of my Facts but I think NCIX is all Canadian, at least they were around direct in Canada before Newegg gave us Newegg.ca, so I also give NCIX the Canadian edge :)

Another Guy From Canada
Old April 3, 2011, 08:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I use Newegg. I can't say that there's anything wrong with them, they have good service and I find better prices and stock than NCIX. Either will serve fine.