Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 05:23 PM
FiveNines's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posts: 20
Default Crossfire or wait and upgrade?

I have a line on a second 5830 not far from where I am that is really tempting (assuming at the price it is at I don't get a dud or something). Is it worth the doubling up if it really only comes down to the price I am getting the card? Or should I hold off and get a newer series single card solution further down the road?

I am getting the second card at 1/3 of the initial release retail price.

Thanks for your input
__________________
VCC Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 05:30 PM
ZZLEE's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: KANATA
Posts: 1,960

My System Specs

Default

NCIX.com - Buy XFX Radeon HD 5830 HD583XZAFC 800MHZ 1GB 4.0GHZ DDR5 2XDVI HDMI DP PCI-E DIRECTX11 Video Card - XFX - HD583XZAFC - in Canada

109$ after rebate.
__________________
"EVGA hunted down the last dozen or so expats living in Karachi." SKY
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 05:36 PM
FiveNines's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posts: 20
Default

I am aware, however the one I am after comes out to a better price despite the rebate on the one at NCIX.

Is ~$120 enough to justify the second card or should I save the money and go for a better one card later on?
__________________
VCC Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

forget about it, just use your card till it cant no more then get something more recent
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade or wait? Justin Cider Video Cards 8 March 8, 2011 11:31 AM
upgrade 5870 or wait ? JerryZ Video Cards 9 October 25, 2010 11:27 AM
Aggravating wait for upgrade parts dosmond New Builds 13 April 26, 2010 03:24 PM
Wait to upgrade? RBA Video Cards 18 March 17, 2010 08:44 AM
Upgrade now or wait for Nehalem? Infiniti Off Topic 9 October 16, 2008 09:30 PM