Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2011, 06:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default need a new mobo

So yeah water went through one of the vents on my case and soaked my mobo and asus wont replace it :/ i rmad every single part in my computer and asus wont RMA the motherboard because apparently a pin got bent dont know how i put bubble wrap over the cpu socket when i shipped it so i need a new motherboard I had the asus sabertooth 55i, im looking at the EVGA p55 motherboard is this motherboard any good? :/ i miss my sabertooth it looked all nice and fancy
Old March 16, 2011, 07:04 PM
Banned
F@H

try to talk to a supervisor, and tell him how youre going to drop asus in favour of giga mobos and youll tell all your frends etc of how badly the rma went blah blah blah

if no workie(mention this thread when it gets bigger ;)) then really do get a giga. evga is ok..but kinda on the meh side with the value stuff
Old March 16, 2011, 07:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well when i built my socket a computer i got an asus mobo and it was great then when i went socket 754 i had a gigabyte and it was alright then for socket 939 i went back to asus and it was amazing, i loved (still do) my asus a8n-sli premium then for my core 2 quad i had an evga 680i sli and it was good tried a 750i for a bit and it was good too, then for my i5 i figured i would go back to asus and it was amazing but **** that shit after this "random" pin that i broke, i figured i would try to the evga p55 mobo as i heard it was pretty good, what gigabyte mobo would you recommend? i use a i5 760 oc'd to 4.0ghz 8gb of gskill ram and 2x 460 GTX's in sLI its funny evga gave me 2 brand new 460s without even inspecting the ones i sent them, i mean ive had lots of issues with evgas video cards in the past mainly buying DOA ones, i remember onetime i had to rma the same video card 3 times because they kept sending me doa video cards, but they have always made it right in the past, ive always had the best support the
Old March 16, 2011, 07:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i've always had the best support there, but gigabytes are good, one of my friends is a die hard amd gigabyte fanboy and so is my brother, never tried a gigabyte for intel before but please do recommend me a good one under 200$ please, Le sigh im stuck using a ps3 right now and its making me post this giant reply in 2 posts :(
Old March 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
....if no workie(mention this thread when it gets bigger ;)) ...

It's very sad for ther OP, but water drop in the case ( probaly when the pc was working) it's not an RMA case, it's an accident.
Old March 16, 2011, 08:33 PM
Banned
F@H

i think the pin thing happened because of packing, so shipping insurance or bewitching at asus might do the trick.

lets see how asus supports its customers when they are in dire need!!!
Old March 16, 2011, 08:58 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
lets see how asus supports its customers when they are in dire need!!!

Are you saying that Asus is responsible for accident like this one…. for the pins, I'm pretty sure if the cover is apply over the socket it will not happen, Asus sticker mention to keep it in case of sending back the baord for RMA.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:46 PM
MVP

Hope asus changes their mind for OP's sake!

otherwise i'd suggest gigabyte and MSI for cheaper high quality boards (asus too but myeah we all know y OP wouldnt want another asus board)

The GD80 is amazing but ~220$ but it's little bother the GD65 @150$ sounds quite good to me. Otherwise the Gigabyte GA-P55 USB3 @120$ is excellent bang for buck as long as SLI isn't an option...
Old March 16, 2011, 10:56 PM
Banned
F@H

not responsible, but a little something wouldnt hurt. dude, the guys been buying asus since 5+ years ago, thats a returning customer
in me book. if they do nothing? you think hell be back?
Old March 18, 2011, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That MSI gd65 doesnt look half bad, ill try poking around NCIX this week to see what they have, not having a computer is bugging me :/ i phoned UPS but they said because it was being sent in for an RMA they wont cover the damages because "they cant replace an already broken item", although I will miss my sabertooth motherboard, i've always wanted to try an MSI board so heres an excuse, but the problem is i almost want to fork out a little bit more cash and go to SB :( even though i just bought my computer at the end of november, maybe i can sell my i5 760 on craigslist or something.