Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2011, 11:01 AM
MVP
F@H

Default Mini PC build.. I have some questions

Hey I'm looking at this nice little motherboard that would cost 60$ after rebate:

NCIX.com - Buy Zotac NM10-B-E MINI-DTX Atom D510 NM10 Express PCI-E16 PCI-E1 SATA Wifi Video GBLAN DDR2 Motherboard - Zotac - NM10-B-E - in Canada

My only purpose of my mini pc project would be for gaming on my HDTV some little game like minecraft, some NES roms (that wii doesn't offer like dragon warrior 1-2-3) and maybe some WoW (optional).

Why I want those game beeing playable on my TV? Because my little boys like to play with me at those games, and we would be much more comfortable on sitting in a good seat VS 2 in front on my computer screen!

I already have a wireless keyboard with mouse on it, maybe a old ati X800XT pcie if graphic aren't enought powerfull on this mobo.

Suggestions are welcome! (need mobo, mini case that all)
Old February 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That may end up being a good price or may not. It only uses DDR2 memory, which costs a bit more than DDR3 right now and $40 for a mail-in-rebate is a lot to bank on... not to mention that you have to pay tax on that $40.

Also, if you go with that mobo, make sure you case is mini-DTX compatible as some are only mini-ITX...

You can also look into a barebones shuttle on sale or getting a case with a PSU to save some cash (if that is your aim).