Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2011, 09:46 AM
Top Prospect

Looks great. I have one more suggestion for the case. Aside from appearance, the HAF 912 offers exceptional value compared to the Antec 300 in terms of cable management and space, in case you need to troubleshoot/upgrade your PC in the future. Just something to think about. :)

Enjoy your new PC!
Old February 23, 2011, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Oh I do like that case. I made the change and am placing the order now.

Thank you all very much for your help, especially Stock. You rock! :)
Old February 23, 2011, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, why wouldn't you consider an extra $50 for Buy AMD [HDT90ZFBGRBOX] AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.2GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box

Get an extra 2 cores for $50 would have been well worth it imo, especially if you want this one to last at least another +3 years.

Getting a HD 6870 would free up enough $$... or you could get a 460 1GB, just lose a tiny bit more GPU muscle.
Old February 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
Top Prospect

Np. Glad to help!
Old March 7, 2011, 08:17 AM
Rookie

I finally got the PC this morning, but it's DOA. Motherboard I think, it's won't do a POST test. I'm waiting for NCIX to open so I can call them. I'm very disappointed and upset with myself for taking a chance on NCIX again. I'm hoping they will make it right ASAP, but I'm not feeling very hopeful at the moment.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That sucks. Do you have another PSU to test with?

I never really order anything from NCIX myself. I found they play with their pricing too much - you find an item on their site with 5 different prices, then you pick the lowest price, but they tell you that item is discontinued and they are charging you the MORE EXPENSIVE price.

Ive ordered a lot from Newegg.ca and have always been happy. Only 1 bad drive since 2009, and I knew it may be an issue because there was absolutly no packing in the box with it. Next place Ive had good luck is DirectCanada, sometimes they have better pricing then Newegg and ship fast.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:52 AM
Rookie

It's not the power supply I don't think, the fans start up, the HD sounds like it's spinning up, the light on the motherboard is on, the DVD drive will open (and immediately close itself), but there are no beeps at all from the POST. Everything is connected right. Still waiting to for NCIX to open, but all the reading about them that I am doing while waiting is only upsetting me more. :(
Old March 7, 2011, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sounds like it could be video too. Did you try both ports on the card?
Do you have the PCIE power adapters connected to the front of the card?

Maybe if you have an older PCIE card that you know works you could try that in there as well.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:04 AM
Rookie

It's not video, tested that too.
Old March 9, 2011, 05:54 AM
Rookie

lol-955 went on sale for 130 on newegg today