Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
Rookie

Default First build, Sandy Bridge

Hello guys, i'm soon starting my first ever computer build and i need some help. I have compiled a list with parts i think fit together, but i need you too check if everything is correct. Don't be too harsh on me if you see wrong socket or stuff like that Anyway, here's the list (in swedish, but you'll probably understand) Kundvagn - 2011-01-25 - Inet.se
I want to be 100% sure that everything fits together. I have some questions about the board and cooler, would there be any performance difference switching to a MSI GD-65? I liked having a power and reset switch on board and that's why i was thinking about the MSI. About the D14, a friend told me he has heard that it falls down easily and that the mounting hardware is crap. I dont really trust him as the noctua company seems to have only two things in mind, quality and silence. And the Secufirm mounting system looked really sturdy, but i would really appreciate some first hand experience from you guys :) I would also be very happy for any tips that can make building the PC easier.
Old January 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Cool another Swede, tjena!

Build looks pretty good to me overall. Dont know much about the PSU but the rest is all good stuff IMO.
Old January 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The D14 will not fall down easily... the mounting system is superb in my opinion and thats from owning one myself..

Not sure if you can run the ram at the rated speed... as sandybridge recommends 1.5v ram... I havn't done the research thoroughly...
Old January 25, 2011, 03:04 PM
Banned
F@H

looking good, dont they have thermalright hr-02 in there too? :)

2500k if you dont need the extra threads(encoding/decoding...)

the psu is decent, cant find any other reviews but its ok.

2tb green drive because you already have a fast os drive :)

good luck with it and report back!

ps welcome aboard. ghost rider forever!!!!

edit : do get the gd-65. gd-65 on intel or amd and up = whohoo!!
Old January 26, 2011, 12:50 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. As you can guess by the D-14 i am going to try my first OC with the 2600k. I will be trying to reach about 4.8 Ghz, and im looking for an estimate of the vcore needed for this clock.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Totally dependent on your chip. I would say from 1.35 to 1.45v if I were to guess.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah it is all chip dependent, but be aware that there is talk on forums of not exceeding 1.35 volts as it will damage your chip.. YMMV...

sandybridge take note - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net