Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Top Prospect

Default Took awhile... But i built it :)

Hey guys, I've been planning this build for months and I've finally accumulated the cash, picked up the parts and built it. Thx to Dangtx and Martin Metal, even though you may not remember me you helped me quite a bit in the process of choosing my parts. My very first build and i built it Friday, went perfectly so i thought i would share with you guys, if guys have any suggestions for cable management, please share, would be very helpful xD

btw i know...i need an aftermarket heatsink xD

Specs:
Amd phenom ii x4 955
g.skill 4gb ripjaw
gigabyte 6850
gigabyte 880ga-udh3
storm scout for 55$ ^-^
corsair cx500w
western dig 500gb blue
Attached Images

Old January 23, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice :)

I love the orange lights.

-Plato
Old January 23, 2011, 10:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Very nice :)

I love the orange lights.
Thanks!, there actually red but they look orange in the photo, well i like things looking somewhat flashy xD so i thought i might as well of added them for 10 bucks
Old January 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like that case where did you get it
Old January 23, 2011, 10:47 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I like that case where did you get it
I ordered it off ncix.com, but i pricematched it with bestdirect lol, doesnt come with lights and side panel fan btw
Old January 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's a CM Storm Scout. I have my wife's build in one.

One suggestion for cable management is that there is a notch in your video card you can run the 8-pin EPS cable underneath, might help clean things up a bit.
Old January 24, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I sure do remember you!
Happy to see that the thing is finally up and running!
SugarJ is right, you can run the ESP 8 pin under the videocard so it will run along the I\O area. The hole he speak of is just infront of the PCI-e slot ( between the slot and the rear of the case )
You could also try to tie some cable to give cleaner look on the bottom, also ebtter for further cleaning.
Good job and I hope you'll enjoy your new toy!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 24, 2011, 01:02 AM
da_bradler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
Thanks!, there actually red but they look orange in the photo, well i like things looking somewhat flashy xD so i thought i might as well of added them for 10 bucks
flashes have a very blue white balance, the camera adjusts to the colour of the flashes light which shifts the color of all the other lights. you could correct the color in photo shop but than the white flash light would appear blueish teal.

you gonna over clock that 955 it's a black edition right? what speed is your ram running at?
Old January 24, 2011, 06:32 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bradler View Post
flashes have a very blue white balance, the camera adjusts to the colour of the flashes light which shifts the color of all the other lights. you could correct the color in photo shop but than the white flash light would appear blueish teal.

you gonna over clock that 955 it's a black edition right? what speed is your ram running at?
i dont care that much to photoshop the pic xD, yeah its a be, im not going to overclock it untill i grab an aftermarket heatsink...how much could i overclock it on stock? btw as for ram, idk ill have to check, buts it 1333...i dont know if it runs at that though

and thanks for the cable management tips, ill be sure to check it out later ;)
Old January 24, 2011, 07:43 AM
Banned
F@H

hey dude, happy to have been of service, and thanks for putting up with me spellung :p

i dont have a cm scout next to me, perhaps there is a place up top where to slide it in the back thru the side pannel?

if not you could have it sit on the ram retainers or as per above, under the gpu, just dont pull on it lol.

looking good!