Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2011, 10:30 AM
Rookie

Default 600T vs. Phantom

I have came down to deciding between these two cases.

The only difference I can tell is that the 600T is not as strong in asthetics but its build quality is excellent. On the other hand, Phantom lacks build quality but looks amazing.

I am going with a Noctua D14...what do you think is a better case for air cooling and in overall?
Old January 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

From what I have read the phantom does have good build quality, and the highest thickness of ABS wherever there is plastic. So that shouldn't be a problem with either case choice.

That being said, originally I was going to opt and get myself a Phantom, however NZXT decided that once again it would make a propritery fan for its case. No other 200mm fans will fit except NZXT's....
They actually have a 192mm offset. Which means if you want to add a second top fan or fill the side 200mm Fan you will have to buy it from NZXT or someone that carries their fan specifically.

Much like why I didn't like the Panzer Box , NZXT disappointed me for this and this alone.

Otherwise, if you can get past that the Phantom does have the greater cooling potential IMO.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 17, 2011, 11:20 AM
Rookie

Does the stock phantom come with any LED lighting inside? (not the turn on/off light, knobs) but the fans?
Old January 17, 2011, 11:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl9015 View Post
Does the stock phantom come with any LED lighting inside? (not the turn on/off light, knobs) but the fans?

The Top 200mm fan is the only one I believe that is LED lit.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com