Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you're worried about price match denial, use directcanada, bestdirect, nxsource, and compu2000. They're sister companies and they get the same pricing from their distributors, so PMs are almost always approved. (unless you use ASPM) But TBH, as long as you get the model numbers right, I haven't had one denied except when I use ASPM. (I go for some pretty low prices from fairly unknown stores too)

You shouldn't have any issues getting your prices approved, as they aren't very low in the first place.
Old January 16, 2011, 12:36 PM
Top Prospect

They will honour the sale prices at the order date. If one item is held up and is not approved for pricematch, you have to call in and cancel/change it. They will also honour MIRs, but be careful that with shipping time you don't exceed the time frame to postdate the rebate, it can be as short as 14 days for some of them.

Just fire off tickets or call for faster service and the CS reps will take care of you; I've found almost all of them to be very helpful in the past.
Old January 16, 2011, 01:29 PM
Rookie

Just placed my order, it came out to 2195.79 after taxes and what not. Now I just hope everything goes ok with the build.

Thank you.
Old January 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hey Mr. Toda,

Let us know how you make out and your impressions of the new rig compared to your old one.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:04 PM
Rookie

I got a shipment in today from NCIX and it had everything but the Ram, CPU, and GPU. They say the CPU and Ram is getting transferred and will be shipped when they get it and the GPU is on back order. I know I am out of luck right now without a CPU and Ram, but when that comes in can I get my PC up and running to make sure my parts work without a GPU?

So my question is what is the best way to test the parts I have gotten to this point? because I have a feeling the GPU won't be showing up any time soon. The CPU and Ram might be here by the end of the week but most likely not until next week.

Should I install the parts I have into the case eg. Power supply, SSD,HDD, fans, DVD drive. Wait for the CPU, Ram (and GPU) or should I just leave everything in the boxes until I get everything?

Thank you again for any options.