Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post
That's exactly the way I see it, go for a tri-core and that's excellent value for performance, the even if the unlock isn't possible that's still a helluva bang for the buck for a system at $300. I don't know how you stayed on budget .

I have damn fine system I'm delivering on Friday, similar to yours but with a x2 555 BE unlocked on a stock OC to 3.8GHz and HT NB/CPU of 2.4 with all the power saving features still enabled. Got really lucky this guy did. I had everything configured to $350 and ostensibly it was a HTPC and home use computer for his wife, but he upgraded to an OCZ 700W ModXStream (I know but it was $40 with taxes), Corsair CC600T, 2x4GB RAM, and a 1TB WD 1002FAEX, GA-880GA-UD3H to bring the total up to $562. I don't think it's for his wife anymore . I'm going to have trouble handing that system over...and if it's this bad with a budget PC build then I don't know how surrogate mothers do it.
I had to break my budget by $20 by buying a new case as the used case fell through, but yeah, pretty amazing to stick that close to budget with taxes and shipping costs.

LMAO, nice story and even better o/c :)