Christmas Time :) 750$ budget
Hey guys, it's christmas time, im not exactly sure whats the best i can get for 750$ but some input would be great :)
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Gaming mosty, sc2, WoW, black ops, bfbc2 etc
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Canada - Ncix most likely
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
WD hdds, g.skill ram lol and asus motherboards
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
cd drive lol
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
yeah i plan to overclock the gpu and cpu, i was thinking a 212+ would be good
8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
9. What resolution do you use?
i say go the cheap 1156 way if you cant wait for january :)
530/540 and the asus of your choice. try to score a decent seasonic or corsair on special. like 500-850 watter.
one 6850 is the bare minimum, dont think youll go for a 6950 but hey
i was thinking a i3 530 with a msi p55 actually lol but then i started to think a phenom 955 if i could fit it in the budget considering its a quad would be good, is 2 cores 4 threads enough??
for gaming, yup, enough.
good. although, make sure the mobo has 2 pci-e slots just in case ;)
and the i530/540 oc very well
Two 6850's in CF with a dual-core would be bottlenecked pretty badly. Personally, with a $750 budget, I'd go with a Phenom II x4 with a HD6850.
I'll give you a list of my personal budget system, it totals around $800.
AMD Phenom II x4 955
4GB G.Skill 1333 CL8 RAM
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
XFX Radeon HD6850
CoolerMaster Haf 912
Thermaltake 650W Modular 80+ PSU
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe $145
Intel Core i3-550 $136
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus $30
G.Skill 4GB 1333 $58
WD Caviar Black 750MB $87
NZXT Gamma Case $50 or CM HAF912 $62
MSI GeForce GTX 460 Fermi Cyclone OC 725MHZ 768MB $157
Corsair TX650W 650W $90
or this combo PSU/GPU
NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Gaming Bundle Deal Gigabyte GTX 460 768MB & Corsair TX650 650W Power Supply - GB GTX 460 & TX650 In Canada.
LG GH24LS50 24X Super Multi Lightscribe SATA DVD Writer OEM Black $30 (unless yours was a typo, cd-drive won't install your new games)
Total: Around $800, this build is SLI ready if you require it later. It could be below $700 if you opt for a 450W PSU and a motherboard that does not support CF/SLI.
also, how much of a bottleneck would the cpu be if i cf?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 PM.|