Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2010, 05:17 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

That's what I did back then, but I mounted the GPUs top-side. Damn I miss that XLR8 GX2.

Old October 12, 2010, 05:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
that's true. Also, no case can offer best cooling then a test bench ahahah

True, 3.0's test bench with the GX2's was unriviled in terms of cooling potential.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 12, 2010, 05:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
That's what I did back then, but I mounted the GPUs top-side. Damn I miss that XLR8 GX2.

Ahhhh there it is, nice Ninja 3.0. I actually miss it too, LL is taking good care of it though. Thats why I have an XL8R GTX465, I love the design, and PNY's support.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 12, 2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
F@H

that is pure art.

so basically that thermaltake case at 135$ is the best bang per buck if you want that much room?
Old October 13, 2010, 03:20 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Though I'd love to do something like that, my baby tends to think of my things as his "bitches" and I'm afraid he'll find a way to spill OJ, milk or even worse, exercise unabated wanton destruction on it regardless where I try to hide it.

I'm now leaning towards the Lian Li PC-P50WB which is the PC-K62's brother, the only difference is the aluminum build of the P50 + the K62s rotated drive cage. It's more practical to get the K62 I know, and the best solution is to get the bigger Xaser VI really, but the P50 is just so elegant looking while being slOtty at the same time. I'm a sucker for such things so I'm sold. I just hope the 460's won't roast, otherwise I might have to punch a hole in the window for an additional fan or get the aftermarket sidepanel that Lancool/Lian-Li sells.

Thanks everyone!

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old October 13, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

If you had some extra money, I would suggest talking to MnPCTech about a 1 off. You can have it customized more to your liking. Like I said though, it could cost you a bit more,
Old October 13, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How about something like this?
MountainMods.com-Computer Cases-Pinnacle-Pinnacle 24 - CYO

along with one of these:
MountainMods.com-Computer Cases-Parts-Motherboard Parts-Modular Motherboard Tray 10 PCI (XL-ATX)

Shouldn't cost a fortune for shipping and C$ is almost at par.......was just a thought :)

Old October 18, 2010, 02:29 PM
MVP
F@H

@fishingfanatic
@kruzn4evr

It might get too expensive with mountain mods or mnpctech. I need 2 of these + one more that should be larger, so I need to save on money as much as I can. I have an "ongoing" theme of Nina, Pinta (caravels) and Sta. Maria (Nao) that I plan to complete within a timeline of 6-12 months. No. I absolutely will not put sails on them.

I still haven't decided yet, but I'm also considering the Raven RV02. Granted it's a bit fugly and looks more like a dreadnought than a caravel, I really like the cooling efficiency though. There's supposed to be a newer revision RV02-E and I mailed Silverstone and supposedly it will come out November. That's what they say anyhow, but a quick search in the net will yield people who asked in July and Silverstone said never, somebody asked in August and Silverstone says September and now I ask and they say November, so it might never actually come out. Ah well, I like Silverstone anyhow. A few months back, I tore a hole on my LC20's top panel out of sheer stupidity and their sales department sent me a replacement absolutely free disregarding that it was my own fault.

Old November 2, 2010, 02:26 PM
MVP
F@H

Anybody know a store (in Canada) to get windowed sidepanels with 2x140mm fan slots for the PC-K62? Metal I can do, but with acrylic I could never get clean cuts. So I'll just buy one. Problem is, I can't seem to find them anywhere here. -_-'