Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Change the OCZ memory for G.skill, COrsair, Patriot, Mushkin or kingston. they are MUCH MORE reliable. Also, drop that H70 and get a good air cooler, the best air cooler with good fan will outperform a H70 for less buck. Stick with the rest.
OCZ ram has been good to me. I have used OCZ, GSkill, Corsair, Crucial and Mushkin. OCZ has been just as reliable for me.

Please provide a link/info showing the H70 being inferior to a single fan air cooler. I have no issue with running/recommending air cooling as I use a TRUE my self. But as far as high end air cooling being better then an H70 I must disagree.
Old September 18, 2010, 12:29 PM
Rookie

Here's what I've got so far:

MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
GPU: EVGA GTX 460 768MB (x1 or x2)
CASE: Antec Three Hundred Mini
PSU: Antec Truepower 650W
HD: ?
DVD: ?

I've decided to get the 750 instead of the 760, since apparently the only difference between them is that the 760 has a slightly higher multiplier. I've read that the 750 is pretty easy and safe to overclock, so I'd like to keep overclocking in mind when choosing the correct components.

So some more questions:

1.) If I buy the P7P55D-E Pro and just one GTX-460, will they work together? I want to see if just one GTX-460 will do the job, but also be able to run SLI if I ever deem it necessary.

2.) From what I can see, there is no difference between the performance of the Nvidia cards made by EVGA, MSI, and Gigabyte, and it shouldn't matter from which I buy mine from. Is this safe to assume?

3.) Are the graphics cards with higher memory necessarily better than the one I have chosen? Is the difference noticeable? I will be happy as long as the frame rate is usually above 60FPS.

4.) Will the PSU I've chosen be able to support the rest of the system? I just chose whatever was the cheapest on NCIX, and I figured an Antec PSU would fit best into an Antec case. Do all PSUs fit into all cases?
Old September 18, 2010, 12:43 PM
Banned
F@H

1-yes
2-same card,different clocks/cooling.pcb perhaps
3-if you get the 1gb and sli later on you should be ok
4-more than enough.
Old September 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Is this stuff already purchased? IMHO you should look into a different case, like this : http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...e=COOLERMASTER